The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-25-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
I think if you really want the J-45 growl, you're not going to be really happy with the Studio. We have several members with J-45 Studio guitars and from what I've seen they love them but they're not going to sound like a traditional J-45.

My question to you is (and I promise I'm not trying to be snarky), if you can't really hear the difference why are you spending the money chasing tone? Personally I'd pick up a Farida or maybe an AMI Sigma or Epiphone Masterbuilt. Any of those will get you most of the way there for a lot less money.

Oh i can hear the difference. But ive never played Gibson. I just know i want a fibson tone in mjt arsenal. I had a d35 at the same time i had my d18. D18 won out. 6 months ago on most days my yairi was my number 1. Now on most days my d18 is number 1. Sometimes my Taylor is number 1. Sometimes i want the darkness of a.d35 and wish i hadn't sold it. Had a Yamaha fg830. Great sounding guitar. There basically isn't a dread that at some time or another i don't like the sound of, if it's a good example of what it's supposed to be. But sometimes it's a while before i like that sound. So im trying to figure out if i want the gibson sound in my arsenal what to get. What sits pretty much in the middle of my 210 and d18. It's not a gibson that sounds like a Martin or Taylor. It is the gibson sound.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobb73 View Post
Oh i can hear the difference. But ive never played Gibson. I just know i want a fibson tone in mjt arsenal. I had a d35 at the same time i had my d18. D18 won out. 6 months ago on most days my yairi was my number 1. Now on most days my d18 is number 1. Sometimes my Taylor is number 1. Sometimes i want the darkness of a.d35 and wish i hadn't sold it. Had a Yamaha fg830. Great sounding guitar. There basically isn't a dread that at some time or another i don't like the sound of, if it's a good example of what it's supposed to be. But sometimes it's a while before i like that sound. So im trying to figure out if i want the gibson sound in my arsenal what to get. What sits pretty much in the middle of my 210 and d18. It's not a gibson that sounds like a Martin or Taylor. It is the gibson sound.
Thank you for not taking offense to my question and I honestly didn't mean it to be insulting. Just from everything you've said in this thread I would recommend a J-45 standard. My second choice would be an Advanced Jumbo. They sound similar and different at the same time, but they both have gobs of Gibson tone.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion