The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-23-2020, 04:09 PM

Default Narrow string spread at the nut and extreme radius

I have a Goya T-16 it was made in the 60's. It feels a little awkward and does not take a regular capo due to an aggressive radius. Can a new fretboard help to make a narrow string space a bit more like a slightly wide martin spacing.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

I know a little about these guitars. They were ... are known as Levins over here in Europe.

Dreadnoughts but with a short scale and a very narrow neck, but they were finely built by skilled and dedicated Swedish craftsmen, to a standard that attracted CF Martin to have them build some Martins for the European market. Then they bought them out, then they closed them down.

They are undervalued currently, but find a way, if you can, to preserve that guitar and make it as playable as you can.

All the best,
Old 02-24-2020, 08:46 AM

These have bolt on necks and would consider getting a new neck. I have two of them. The other is a M-24? It's radius it a bit better, but I dont like how the intonation sounds going up the neck. It has maple back and sides. This is a interesting sound to record as a mid to fast tempo strumming instrument.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair