The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-23-2020, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

Default ADI21 - XLR and Jack different - and possible mod?

Hi,

I'm running a K&K mini into an ADI21. The sound it great when using the XLR balanced output but, into the same amp, the jack output makes very little change to the tone from bypass. I wonder if this is why the unit gets very mixed reviews? Some saying it works great and others that it makes little difference.

Anyway I've had the ADI21 for a number of years and am very happy with what it does (from the balanced output anyway).

However, my real question is to ask if anyone has done a mod on their ADI21 so that the foot switch becomes a silent 'off' rather than going to bypass? I never need the footswitch for bypass when playing and can always turn the blend down to get the same result. But I do need to be able to silence my guitar between songs for tuning etc.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2020, 10:43 AM

I own and use the ADI21 as well. The 1/4" out functions well in some applications and poorly (lots of static and degraded sound) in others.

You could try a 1/4" to xlr converter and see if that helps.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification