The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-17-2019, 12:17 PM

Default Fishman MX-T replacement

Hey everyone, I picked up a Martin D-12e a few month’s ago. I love this guitar and it sounds amazing. I’m not the biggest fan of the electronics that came in it. At first I liked it but after 3-4 months my mind changed lol. I only play plugged in once to twice a week at church. I play through a Fishman loud box also. I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are about changing the electronics to an LR Baggs Lyric or Anthem. Is it simple to do? Just looking for advice!

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2019, 04:05 PM

You might get where you want to go with a Zoom A1 four or for more cash and no chance of failure a ToneDexter. That way you don't need to hack up the guitar and your investment will be transportable to other instruments.

The Baggs Lyric and Anthem have their fans but also a few detractors. Any pickup change is a risk of not being the improvement you really wanted.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 12-18-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
You might get where you want to go with a Zoom A1 four or for more cash and no chance of failure a ToneDexter. That way you don't need to hack up the guitar and your investment will be transportable to other instruments.

The Baggs Lyric and Anthem have their fans but also a few detractors. Any pickup change is a risk of not being the improvement you really wanted.

Thanks alot! I don’t know much about this stuff. I used to only play unplugged until the last year. I’ll definitely look into your advice

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification