The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-14-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
my thoughts are with you. Tomorrow I have to take Rupert our cat to the vets. I'm not at all sure that he will be coming back.

We spent £800 on having his teeth cleaned last month (we later found out that it wasn't necessary). He has never really recovered from the drugs they gave him.

When I was born, my Dad bought home a kitten and a puppy "to give my mum something to play with while she had a new baby (!!)

Peter, the Dog (a Manchester terrier) became to all intents and purposes my brother.
We hung out together but he also walked out frequently to see his girlfriend.

One day, as I cycled home from school, he didn't run out to meet me.
My Mum came out to explain to me that he had cancer and had been oput down, but Uncle Charlie was coming over later to bury him at the bottom of the garden.

For me it was like burying my brother. I still feel the pain of that loss.
It may return tomorrow.
Thank you and I sincerely hope all goes well with you and Rupert. We had a similar issue with our cat a few years ago.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. They really do become family members in every sense of the word. I pray that time will eventually tip the scales in allowing you to smile at the blessing Finley was in your lives as opposed grieving what you no longer have.

PS Finley was a sweet, humble, loyal dog - I can see it in his eyes.
He was very sweet and very gentle and just plain cool. Loved everybody and everything he ever met. Even his cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
You'll never be quite the same without Finley, but you were both so fortunate to have found each other. Take care.
Thanks. I agree it will never be the same. Today was the first day I had it in me to walk his sister Chloe and I felt like we were on Mars to be honest. Nine years of the same routine day after day and then the magic is gone but I know in time it will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
So Sorry to hear of your loss. Our pets are the ones we love the most and mourn the hardest. Sadly, their lives are much too short compared to ours - that's why they Love us unconditionally! They know they are only dancing on this earth for a short while, so they pack all the joy they can into their time with us! Here's to Finley and the 9 great years I'm sure you two had together!
Thank you so very much. There is never enough time. The whole thing just seemed to happen so quickly and when my wife and I left the clinic and got a few feet down the road she asked me, how did this happen? It really is heartbreaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
husky's are special pets, we've had a few.

very unique personalities.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Thank you. This was my first and only Husky and I have been saying that same thing to people for years. The goofiness and just everything. At 67 though I feel I am too old for another Husky puppy. I think the best maybe I could do someday is to rescue an adult Husky who needs a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifret View Post
So incredibly difficult. Sorry for the loss of your buddy. We lost our boy of 14 years in January. I still cry for him. I'm not sure if it ever gets easier. Take care.
Thank you. I'm hoping it will get better someday but for sure it will never go away. Everywhere I look I tend to see him.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I am sorry for the loss of your buddy and totally understand. Our lab retrievers Boo! and Zoe' were litter mates we brought home in a snowstorm. Last year, after thirteen years with us, Zoe' died. It is sort of week-to week with Boo!, but every day is good time with him.

Singing along to the hymns in lock down

Bob
Thank you. Very sorry about Zoe' and I hope you get more time with Boo. My neighbor had a lab and he was a great dog.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:24 PM

I just wanted to add one more photo. The original photo was 5 years ago when he was recovering from a surgery to repair a tiny hole in his lungs. 6 months prior he had a ACL repair surgery done and 6 months after his lung repair he had his second ACL repair done on his other let. So it was a hectic and a trying time and a busy time. Both ACLS I did physical therapy with him. He recovered great with no issues. We had months when we walked 5 miles a day every day. When it came to his care we always went the extra mile for him. I can't say we would have had surgery for the cancer if possible because we never really got the full facts. I certainly would not have put him through it if his quality of life would only be good for a short period bet we will never know as we never got the chance. I just wanted to share one more.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:28 PM

Such a fortunate dog to have been part of your family, it’s such a hard time, I know —-
Old 06-14-2022, 05:48 PM

A beautiful companion and an important part of your family to be sure. We know right from the onset our lifespans don’t match up, but our nature to care and love the animals we share the planet with are a big part of what makes us human beings. We are broken through and through when they leave us behind, with only the consolation they leave this world so well loved. Take solace in that fact. I empathize with you and your family more than I can express here. I am sorry for your loss.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyman View Post
I just wanted to add one more photo. The original photo was 5 years ago when he was recovering from a surgery to repair a tiny hole in his lungs. 6 months prior he had a ACL repair surgery done and 6 months after his lung repair he had his second ACL repair done on his other let. So it was a hectic and a trying time and a busy time. Both ACLS I did physical therapy with him. He recovered great with no issues. We had months when we walked 5 miles a day every day. When it came to his care we always went the extra mile for him. I can't say we would have had surgery for the cancer if possible because we never really got the full facts. I certainly would not have put him through it if his quality of life would only be good for a short period bet we will never know as we never got the chance. I just wanted to share one more.

Beautiful dog. Again, sorry for your loss.
Old 06-14-2022, 08:44 PM

So long Finley. You obviously made the world a better place. May your memory be a blessing.

AMI-Guitars Left Handed DMC-1STEL 1

Recording King Dirty 30s Series 7 Parlor
Old 06-14-2022, 08:46 PM

I feel your pain my friend. We had to put our Golden down and it was a gut wrenching experience. So sorry you lost your buddy.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:09 PM

What a beautiful boy, my deepest condolences.

We lost our big boy 2 months ago yesterday, and I still think of him every day. It also was unexpected and I never got to say goodbye.

The sense of loss is proportional to the joy they bring us, and that guy looks like he gave so much.

Take care, and know that it is a hurt that we all share.
Epiphone Dot
Old 06-15-2022, 12:57 AM
Charter Member

He looks very sweet with a special spirit. “ All things must pass” …but it’s never easy!! Hang on to the good times.
Lowden'87 L27FC Taylors’93 Kottke’94 910’82 855c(flor)Harp’19 Emerald Synergy (koa)’17 Doerr Solace select’12 Carmel OM ‘11 SCGC-FS Nylon:Sand,Cervantes.WeissSlide,Gypsy Elecs:Collings Eastside.Turners:RN6,RS6’59335Hist:Strat,Tele,Bass-Lakland,Fender Fretless.Amps:Princeton,Calif Blonde/xcab,Vox,Uke,Accordian,misc devices
Old 06-15-2022, 02:05 AM

So sorry you had to do this. Like so many others have said, I too know the pain you feel.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:13 AM
Charter Member

Condolences, Huskyman. So sorry about your buddy.

I've been there twice. Heartbreaking.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

Sorry for your loss. For those of us who love dogs, we know that each one is different and that our lives won't be the same without them.

Pets are family.

Optima dies, prima fugit
For Sale: Larrivee P 01Khttps://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...49#post7433849
Old 06-15-2022, 08:27 AM

So sorry for this news...having been there 3 previous times, i feel ya 100%...dogs are the GREATEST!....our current dog is now 8...when his time comes it's gonna suck as well....spell dog backwards........
1990 Alvarez DY-50
2019 McPherson Sable
Godin A6 Ultra
lots of electrics and amps!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic