The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-19-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Ak-Plyr

If I'm forced to go in-ear, I have a pair of MEELECTRONICS M6·Pro which are very good. The tips one chooses make all the difference in the world. They are inexpensive and effective, detachable cables (on set for music, the other for phone). I don't need in-ears often enough to invest more than $60.

But if I have my choice, I still wear cans (yes old-school headphones) on stage. The fidelity and noise rejection are better.

I use these as well. They fit my ears well and are inexpensive enough for my limited church performances...
Old 03-19-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63telemaster View Post
Squeeze the buds together before inserting them and hold them in place in your ears for around 15 seconds while they expand. Also you can attach the wires with surgical tape to the back of your neck which prevents any pulling. Works for me.

215s are ok, I've used them in the past but 425s are a big step up and the best value in the Shure range imho.

Good tips, I'll give the tape a try. I tend to jump around a bit so that's why foam buds work their way loose....

I probably need to check out the 425's, too!
06 Taylor Koa T5
09 Takamine 12 string
11 Taylor NS24ce-LTD
13 Gibson Les Paul Standard
14 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
16 Taylor 524ce Mahogany
16 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
17 PRS SE Custom 24
23 Taylor GS Mini Walnut LTD

---------------------
Old 03-26-2019, 06:28 PM

Placed an order for the Alclair Reference triple drivers. We'll see how the process goes.....

From their description:

https://alclair.com/monitorshop/reference/

"The Reference triple driver is exceptional on keys and acoustic guitar where a wide range and balance is necessary. The Reference has a subtle roll off in the sub-bass range creating a natural filter that tightens up the sound and cuts unwanted extra frequencies. This makes it ideal for wide ranged acoustic instruments or vocals. It doesn’t have the headroom in the low end that the Tour does, so it is not suitable for bass, drums, or other elements that require a hefty low end headroom"
06 Taylor Koa T5
09 Takamine 12 string
11 Taylor NS24ce-LTD
13 Gibson Les Paul Standard
14 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
16 Taylor 524ce Mahogany
16 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
17 PRS SE Custom 24
23 Taylor GS Mini Walnut LTD

---------------------

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification