The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-13-2011, 01:21 PM

I've been playing for close to two week now, so I thought I might set the guitar down for awhile and post some thoughts. First, though, Tim, Mary and I at the show:

My wife and I had a lovely day of talking to the McKnights, listening to some great performances and visiting other builders and companies. The Baggs people were thrilled for me to hook up and demo their system on an exceptional guitar:

I couldn't be more pleased with how the build turned out - a very unique experience for me in that as soon as I began to play I just had a "wow, I'm home" type of bonding feeling with the guitar, and that has continued the last few weeks. Two words really come to mind with the guitar: balance and versatility. I can throw more aggressive damping/strumming techniques at it and it does not break up one bit, but it also has the warmth and sweeter trebles to really excel at fingerstyle. What do I attribute this all to? Well, the multi-scale, the wood combo, perhaps Tim's new model, certainly his skill as a luthier - All of the above I guess. I'll just stop there because I could write pages - the bottom line is I knew what I wanted in a guitar and Tim delivered on that in a big way and really exceeded my expectations. It was a terrific blessing to go through this process with Tim and Mary, and their kindness to my wife and I in a variety of ways is not something we will forget.

Nathan
Old 10-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Not at all surprised by your reaction, Nathan, but I am pleased. That is the way I feel about my new McKnight, too: home!

cotten
Old 10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
AGF Sponsor

In your spare time you should be a rep for LR Baggs. You looked great in their booth.

Anytime we can hand deliver a guitar at a show I count it as a plus. It lets us meet our customers and it saves shipping costs. Not to mention if a minor adjustment ever needs to take place we would have done that. I'm just glad this one fit you perfectly.

I was very pleased that the LR Baggs professionals were a few feet away and had asked us to send you to them. You made quite a splash with them, Nathan. They let Tim know that you and your guitar sounded great using their pick-up. I have the feeling they wanted you to spend more time drawing the crowd in with that "crazy lookin' fan fretted thang" in your hands.

The trip was a blessing and a joy. Tim and I are glad that you got to meet a few other McCustomers. They loved seeing your fan fretted guitar in person, too.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:11 AM

This thread has caused my "coco-lust" to resurface! What a beatiful guitar!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwstl01 View Post
This thread has caused my "coco-lust" to resurface! What a beatiful guitar!

Did you ask Santa for a guitar fr Christmas?

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop