The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-05-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Sounds very good at bedroom levels to me. Sounds good for electric guitar and moderate volume. You'll need an amp simulator pedal.
Thanks Dave, I have a Boss GT-100, just wondering how it sounds with pedals and effects. My choice would be the Maui 5 Go but it's not yet available and almost 3X the cost of Freeplay.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotValid View Post
Thanks Dave, I have a Boss GT-100, just wondering how it sounds with pedals and effects. My choice would be the Maui 5 Go but it's not yet available and almost 3X the cost of Freeplay.

Try to get your FreePlay refurbished from Mackie. It's a nice speaker, but I don't think it's worth the retail asking price. Also, please read my thread on Mackie tips. The preamps for the 1/4" are weak. It will sound just fine with your Boss GT-100.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:31 PM

Cool ¡ My Mackie FreePlay Experience !

Just found this thread :

I've had my FreePlay about year ( come Oct. ) and out of the box the :

1. First one smelled bad like burnt xformer- it played 2 days and died the third
  2. Second one lasted one week and the WIFI took a dump
  3. Third one has been working great . It's FX are really up their in quality on my acoustic electric guitars & vocal .

My steel string'd Washburn D46SCE dread didn't need a x-former , it's pre amp has a powerful kick . It has
individual XLR/1/4" outs . Sounds good either way into the FreePlay .

My Roland GR33 guitar synth really sounds great though it . First time I did a session with it with the synth
hooked to it I blew a lot of minds as my acoustic electric guitar w/FX and Roland GR33 synth bass/strings/keys
w/FX came out at the same time through it with out a hitch . There were two electric guitars playing and a drummer .
l had no problem being heard . Mind you the electric guitars were using small 30/40 watt amps and the drummer
has a heavy foot ,

A few months later I got a T.C.Helicon Voice Live 3 X , I play my electric guitar through it and it sounds
really good .

I hook a Shure 520D Green Bullet into the VL3X's guitar input and I get that blues/jazz/rock harp sound with FX .

I'm thinking on a Mackie 12" subwoofer and maybe a second FreePlay for larger venues with out breaking
my back when lifting it when loading and unloading . I'd love a 15" or 18" but my aching back says - - - - you .

The Mackie ( and other ones I'm considering ) have a speaker pole support , with the FreePlay's angled amp support
stand/speaker pole support mounted on a sub , it would be quite a formidable P.A. capable of more than small venues .
I got the angled stand and speaker stand & battery already .

As a stand alone acoustic guitar amp it is tops . FeedBack killer is good , FX work on this really good .
With the mono 1/4" out it's easy to use in a P.A's front end , and use as your own personal monitor on stage .

I have used it with my 60 watt tube amp pumping the guitar only into it and vocals to the FreePlay and the synth
to another amp , it's a killer combo for a solo/duet , add a mixer and well you get my drift .

Today's technology just keeps on getting better as things shrink in size and deliver bigtime results .

Kinda reminds me of - - - - -

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification