The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 10-18-2023, 08:42 AM

Default Molly Tuttle and Cristina Vane live

Saw them at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle on Sunday. Very surprised in a good way by Molly Tuttle’s band. While I love traditional bluegrass her band played some covers like Dire Wolf and White Rabbit and she was a very unselfish player- giving plenty of room to the other members of the band to showcase their musicianship, which was again not strictly traditional bluegrass. Cristina Vane doesn’t seem well known but she’s really good playing slide guitar and had a wonderful stage presence
Gibson Nick Lucas L 100 Maple

Quantity and quality of my guitars should not be seen as indicative of the quality of my playing ability
Old 10-18-2023, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

The last time I saw Molly I had my young daughter with me. A couple days before that we saw Billy Strings. She was enamored by how well Billy plays guitar. I told her that Molly was as good and she said "no way!". Two songs in to Molly's show she looked at me with a shocked look on her face and just smiled, acknowledging that I was right.

Molly is such a professional.
Old 10-18-2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDreedle View Post
Saw them at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle on Sunday. Very surprised in a good way by Molly Tuttle’s band. While I love traditional bluegrass her band played some covers like Dire Wolf and White Rabbit and she was a very unselfish player- giving plenty of room to the other members of the band to showcase their musicianship, which was again not strictly traditional bluegrass. Cristina Vane doesn’t seem well known but she’s really good playing slide guitar and had a wonderful stage presence
Yes this is what I like about Molly besides being an awesome player. She lets the band play, and what a great band it is.
Old 10-18-2023, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Great band indeed! I saw them last week in their Portland show. What a memorable night of entertainment. I've listened to Molly and GH via recordings and YT videos but this show was a rousing reminder of how especially inspiring live music can be. Everything was well crafted and so professionally done - from the set-list (new and old, originals, covers, traditional) to the "patter," the mix of light-show and straight acoustic style presentation and, of course, the stellar musicianship - everything tight in a way that kept things flowing and under control, yet warm and friendly and fun. The crowning glory is the obvious chemistry among band members. Pure Gold indeed - see them together while you can!

And yes, Cristina Vane was a surprise delight. She's talented (songwriting and playing,) fun and irreverent in a great way. I bought a CD from her after the show.

Last edited by Dogma; 10-18-2023 at 01:15 PM. Reason: over-use of the word "great!"
Old 10-18-2023, 01:30 PM

I’m seeing Molly and Tommy E in January , can’t wait

I missed her in Oxford just before COVId when I fell ill and really regret it

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN