The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD Baxendale Conversion Harmony H162 SOLD

I recently purchased a second Baxendale, an H165 (all mahogany), so just looking to see if there's any interest in this H162 conversion as I'm not sure I need two. These old Harmony conversions are really sweet guitars, Scott and his team do an excellent job reviving them and giving them a second lease on life.

The H162 has a spruce top with mahogany back and sides. This is a 60s model (no clue as to the exact year) but plays like a brand new guitar. Neck has been reset, frets are in great shape, new bridge installed, and of course all of the bracing has been completely replaced with Scott's x-bracing pattern. Scott puts Grover butterbean tuners on these guitars, but I didn't like them very much so I replaced them with white button Waverly tuners, which were a direct drop in replacement. I can include the Grover's if you'd like (or can just put them back on the guitar before shipping if you don't like Waverly's). The guitar is also equipped with a K+K Pure Mini (installed by Baxendale). As a note, this is a 50-60 year old guitar so there are of course some scratches, dings and signs of play wear, but nothing egregious. There is a ding in the back of the neck near the headstock, but it is far enough up the neck that it doesn't come into contact with your hand when playing.

Action is right around 3/32" at the 12th fret, and as the pictures show the saddle is nice and tall so plenty of room to come down in the future. A few specs:

Nut width: 1 3/4"
Spacing at saddle: 2 3/8"
Scale length: 25"
Lower bout width: 15 1/8" (slightly larger than a Martin 000/OM)
Comes with a Baxendale hardshell case

These go for $1,600 brand new from Scott/his dealers. I'm looking to get $1,000 even plus actual shipping to your location. I'm not in a rush to sell and frankly wouldn't mind if it sticks around for a bit, so at this point I'm not looking to entertain offers lower than what I'm asking.

Last edited by pagedr; 12-02-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

I'm not in the market sadly, but I'm ticked pink that these old Harmonys are now regaining the respect that they deserve, esp with Mr Baxendale's tender care and attention.

I have two Harmonys - a virtually perfect H1325 Monterey, and an H1270 12 string, somewhat rebuilt (but not refinished) by someone in the UK. battered but beautiful.

I hope your H162 finds an appreciative owner.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
I'm not in the market sadly, but I'm ticked pink that these old Harmonys are now regaining the respect that they deserve, esp with Mr Baxendale's tender care and attention.

I have two Harmonys - a virtually perfect H1325 Monterey, and an H1270 12 string, somewhat rebuilt (but not refinished) by someone in the UK. battered but beautiful.

I hope your H162 finds an appreciative owner.
Yes they really are wonderful instruments. The H165 that I just required is ridiculously good. And best of all, it's totally "green" approach to building new guitars.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:59 PM

I would by your h 165. Don't have one of those, any chance you swap with the 162?
Old 12-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

This has been sold
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars