The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 05:06 PM

I'll definitely be there, I have to say that hanging out in person is much more fulfilling then participating on the forum.

People and guitars and good fun!

Going back into my spider hole see you guys in September
Old 03-27-2021, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Flight, rental car, and hotel booked, can’t wait!
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 03-27-2021, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Can someone more knowledgeable or creative with the AGF search function please post a link to the previous BIG event? It keeps telling me there is nothing by that name. It would be fun to see the photos again.

Thank you!
Old 03-27-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
Can someone more knowledgeable or creative with the AGF search function please post a link to the previous BIG event? It keeps telling me there is nothing by that name. It would be fun to see the photos again.

Thank you!
Here is one, I can do more tomorrow

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...light=Bowersox

OK, that is the only one I could find, I know there were two post threads with pics etc., but when the AGF updated recently, some threads were lost and the other must have been one of them, but this one is pretty good with a lot of photos and videos and mostly wonderful comments about the show.

Last edited by TomB'sox; 03-28-2021 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:03 PM

This looks like a great event, I'd love to attend! My question is... which guitar do I bring? Perhaps I'll check with the forum as the date approaches, see which one peaks the interest of folks around here. Seems like a great way to play and share instruments that aren't normally very accessible, even to folks like ourselves who seek these things out.
Kostal Jumbo
Taran Tirga Mhor
Gerber RL15.5
Old 03-30-2021, 07:37 AM

Default Just a suggestion for luthiers

I have a suggestion for the luthiers that are going to be there. Just a suggestion, and you may write it off to my personal motives and preferences - and probably be smart to. Consider bringing a guitar that you can sell at your base price: no upgrades for bling, rare woods, special designs, bursts, etc. I know you all like to show off your woodworking chops at guitar shows, and I don't blame you, but one guitar that only demonstrated the sound you can create with basic, traditional materials would also be showing off. (And it would be more affordable for some of us - there: you have my motive revealed.)

Stan
Old 03-30-2021, 07:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
I have a suggestion for the luthiers that are going to be there. Just a suggestion, and you may write it off to my personal motives and preferences - and probably be smart to. Consider bringing a guitar that you can sell at your base price: no upgrades for bling, rare woods, special designs, bursts, etc. I know you all like to show off your woodworking chops at guitar shows, and I don't blame you, but one guitar that only demonstrated the sound you can create with basic, traditional materials would also be showing off. (And it would be more affordable for some of us - there: you have my motive revealed.)

Stan
I thought that was a great idea too. I include a number of features that commonly carry an upcharge. I thought that was a great way to show off what you are really getting from the start. I thought I could maybe get an easy sell to pay for the shows I brought it to. For four years I’ve been listening to people say, “Wow! this guitar sounds and plays great! If only it had a cutaway, if only it had an arm bevel, if only it had ........
So I plan to bring this Cedar on EIR Josie small jumbo to B.I.G. I don’t intend to bring it back home again so make an offer!

Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright
Old 03-30-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
I thought that was a great idea too. I include a number of features that commonly carry an upcharge. I thought that was a great way to show off what you are really getting from the start. I thought I could maybe get an easy sell to pay for the shows I brought it to. For four years I’ve been listening to people say, “Wow! this guitar sounds and plays great! If only it had a cutaway, if only it had an arm bevel, if only it had ........
So I plan to bring this Cedar on EIR Josie small jumbo to B.I.G. I don’t intend to bring it back home again so make an offer!

Mark
Mark, aren't you also bringing a Woodsman? That's also base price - or close to it, anyway. I'm looking forward to playing whatever you bring, and I'm not totally ruling out coming home with some bling!

Stan
Old 03-30-2021, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post

Mark
If it is the Cedar/Indian Josie I am thinking of, that was in my top 3 favorite guitars at Woodstock!

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 03-30-2021, 10:04 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
If it is the Cedar/Indian Josie I am thinking of, that was in my top 3 favorite guitars at Woodstock!
If only it had a cut-away!

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright
Old 03-30-2021, 10:49 AM

Folks, Im so happy for you. If B.I.G. is back, the world is not going down after all! The lineup sounds fantastic.This year we will be moving back from Chile to Europe in autumn, but I hope to be able to participate one day! Let it roll...
Old 03-30-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
Folks, Im so happy for you. If B.I.G. is back, the world is not going down after all! The lineup sounds fantastic.This year we will be moving back from Chile to Europe in autumn, but I hope to be able to participate one day! Let it roll...
Ernesto, I know you were going to come last time, I only hope you can figure out a way to make it happen!
Old 03-30-2021, 04:13 PM

I've really got to make it down for this. That seems like a heck of a good time.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Life’s been hectic, and I’ve been pulled in a thousand different directions over the past year...but it looks like I’m gonna have to buckle down and make some time to get back to being active on the AGF again, Tom.

Looking forward to being a part of your BIG shindig once again!!!

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 04-04-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I've really got to make it down for this. That seems like a heck of a good time.
You do and it is. I know Steve S. would love you to come as would I. I want to see that Bond theme in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Teel View Post
Life’s been hectic, and I’ve been pulled in a thousand different directions over the past year...but it looks like I’m gonna have to buckle down and make some time to get back to being active on the AGF again, Tom.

Looking forward to being a part of your BIG shindig once again!!!
I think your guitars generated more talk than anyone at the first show. Seriously, for the new kid on the block, people were amazed. I am expecting even better stuff, it is 2 years later after all LOL!

I just wanted to make sure everyone noted the addition of Rebecca Urlacher and Jason Kostal to the initial list of luthiers. They came in a little later even though I added them to the initial post. Between Leo and Jason, I believe that makes 2 Somogyi campers and Rebecca is simply at the top of her game right now!!! Please consider the show, it is a great time and different from anything else you have attended. A good friend of mine today just said, it is 3 days straight with a smile on your face that just won't leave!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop