The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mc View Post
I purchased a guitar at BIG 1 and had never heard of Tom Sands or Taran Guitars who were scheduled for BIG 2, but ended up buying a guitar from Tom Sands last summer because of it.

Well, I was just sitting on the couch watching Jeopardy this afternoon and my wife comes in and asks me if I want to do anything special for my 75th birthday. I said I hadn't thought about it any more than I did for 74. Then the light came on. I said, well maybe I should buy a new guitar at Tom's BIG event in September. I almost fell over when she said that was a good idea.
Now here is a man after my own heart. Let me just say, I agree with you and your wife and I think you will agree, you have not gone wrong with either of those guitars. I look forward to trying your Sands should you elect to bring it along.

BTW, attendees usually bring a guitar (or more for some) to have with them on the weekend especially should they elect to take any of the workshops. You can ship them in as well and we will help with that and getting them shipped back if need be.

Tom
Old 03-23-2021, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

This seems like THE EVENT of the year! If I were to make it (which I really do want to) I will have to make sure there are enough distractions for my spouse and 3 year old... please send me details Tom!
Old 03-23-2021, 05:26 PM
Charter Member

I love living vicariously, TB... enjoy!
Old 03-23-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
I love living vicariously, TB... enjoy!
I know people coming in from your state, I could put together a ride share!!!
Old 03-23-2021, 09:01 PM
Charter Member

This was an amazing event. Tom and Kathy are two of the best hosts. I will everything I can to be there. It is wonderful to get to see people who share this passion in person. And the list of luthiers is fantastic!

Tom (and Kathy), thank you for doing this again.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 03-23-2021, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

Tom,
For research purposes, where in Texas are you?
I was new to AGF when you did your first event and it was such fun just to read and follow along with the photos. This sounds like a blast. Assuming all goes as we hope it does...!
Old 03-24-2021, 02:02 AM

This enough notice for me to make a schedule request and I don't have my kids that week.

So, if I were to bring my nice Bob Thompson Brazilian OM, what's the "safest" way for my guitar to arrive intact if I fly?
Old 03-24-2021, 05:57 AM
Music soothes the soul!

You and Kathy are top-notch. Once again you have put together a stellar line-up. No way I would miss it. And to those of you out there on the fence ... no need to think twice. B.I.G is the way to throw a guitar party. YaHoo!!!
Old 03-24-2021, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Default BIG 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
You and Kathy are top-notch. Once again you have put together a stellar line-up. No way I would miss it. And to those of you out there on the fence ... no need to think twice. B.I.G is the way to throw a guitar party. YaHoo!!!
+1 to what Dennis said. RSVP email sent and New Braunfels Airbnb booked. To old friends and new see ya'll there.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:10 AM
AGF Sponsor

Outstanding!, very nice to see another show back in the works.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:04 PM

Thumbs up

Great news, Tom! Thank you for having the courage, optimism and persistence to stick with this and go for a 2021 B.I.G.!!!
Old 03-26-2021, 07:18 AM
AGF Sponsor

So glad to see you're giving this event another go! Best of luck and no doubt it will be a great weekend for all involved!
instagram
Old 03-27-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
Great news, Tom! Thank you for having the courage, optimism and persistence to stick with this and go for a 2021 B.I.G.!!!
Well? Is this the year you can make it? Would love to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
This was an amazing event. Tom and Kathy are two of the best hosts. I will everything I can to be there. It is wonderful to get to see people who share this passion in person. And the list of luthiers is fantastic!

Tom (and Kathy), thank you for doing this again.
Thanks Mike, you will break Kathy's heart if you can't make it...in fact, sometimes I am a little jealous when she says you are the nicest man she has ever met....yeah, wait, maybe don't come lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
This enough notice for me to make a schedule request and I don't have my kids that week.

So, if I were to bring my nice Bob Thompson Brazilian OM, what's the "safest" way for my guitar to arrive intact if I fly?
Thanks, I hope the info I gave you helps! For anyone else, if you want to ship a guitar in, that works well and then as long as you box it up and have the return slip, K and I will take it wherever it needs to go and ship it back for you after the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Thanks Dennis, can't wait to hear that wonderful voice of yours again. Dennis should have gone into FM radio or voiceovers folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
+1 to what Dennis said. RSVP email sent and New Braunfels Airbnb booked. To old friends and new see ya'll there.
We are so happy you can come again. This is a great area with lots of great places to stay. New Braunfels and Gruene are a destination by themselves!
Old 03-27-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kraus View Post
Outstanding!, very nice to see another show back in the works.
Thank you! I think we need to start looking forward and having something to look forward too!!! I hope all is well in NY for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianHillMike View Post
So glad to see you're giving this event another go! Best of luck and no doubt it will be a great weekend for all involved!
Thank you for posting Mike. I hope to meet in person some day. Would love to try out your guitars and I follow all your builds closely.
Old 03-27-2021, 03:55 PM

B.I.G. One was great fun!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop