The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-17-2021, 07:18 AM

Default What's up with this?

I'm looking for a specific used Larrivee so cruise various online sites including ebay. In my mind I've decided to ignore any listing there posted for sale from Japan because of the 'strange' issues in the listings apart from the really high prices.

Currently, for example, I see 4 listings for a Uc [new and not what I'm looking for], same photo, same price but four different 'sellers' and each seller with a different rating. There are other issues that I've noticed with other listings from Japan that make me leery of any listing from there.

Is this an issue? Are there strange things going on with these listings? Is there something fake about these listings? Am I wrong to avoid these?
Old 05-17-2021, 07:24 AM

My old mantra is, if you smell a rat then walk away!!!
Old 05-17-2021, 07:41 AM

All listings from Japan from what I've seen are always in the $ridiculous$ range

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 05-17-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzereh View Post
I'm looking for a specific used Larrivee so cruise various online sites including ebay. In my mind I've decided to ignore any listing there posted for sale from Japan because of the 'strange' issues in the listings apart from the really high prices.

Currently, for example, I see 4 listings for a Uc [new and not what I'm looking for], same photo, same price but four different 'sellers' and each seller with a different rating. There are other issues that I've noticed with other listings from Japan that make me leery of any listing from there.

Is this an issue? Are there strange things going on with these listings? Is there something fake about these listings? Am I wrong to avoid these?
It wouldn't surprise me if the multiple listings sharing the same pics originate from the same vendor simply using multiple accounts. I've scratched my head over their high prices and conclude those listing are simply not intended for the US but since it costs nearly nothing to list they do it anyway.

What Larrivee are you looking for? Have you checked the Larrivee forum?
Old 05-17-2021, 08:34 AM

Unless you can absolutely verify that the "seller in Japan" listing is from either Blue-G Guitars or Dolphin Guitars or one of a couple more major Japan guitar shops, I would stay away of ANY of the other listings from Japan.

It is really a shame that Ebay keeps letting these other nefarious sellers from Japan continue to operate.

Just check their feedback...almost all of them have multiple negative feedback marks.

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher
Old 05-17-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmist View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the multiple listings sharing the same pics originate from the same vendor simply using multiple accounts. I've scratched my head over their high prices and conclude those listing are simply not intended for the US but since it costs nearly nothing to list they do it anyway.

What Larrivee are you looking for? Have you checked the Larrivee forum?

Yep, pricing is nuts but they make it so obvious that it must be the same seller given the same photo, same price and same listing date. Makes no sense.

I'm looking for one of three Larrivee's - an OM-03 all mahogany or the all hog Forum III or IV, 12 fret. And, yes, I'm on the Larrivee forum as well. All of these would be used since I'm looking for 'built in Canada' guitars. Thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion