The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-17-2019, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

Default Silly Moustache - 300,000 hits on YouTube !!!

Whoopee!
For some time, I've been thinking about putting up a thread asking people to look at my humble YouTube channel as the number of hits was approaching 300,000.

Last night sometime, it rolled over that number, and I've got over 1500 subscribers too!

Of course, I don't know who they are and I don't know how many of them are AGF members, but as many of my videos were made specifically to aid/assist AGF members with oft asked questions, I just hope that they have been of use, 'cos that's why I did 'em.

It all started off in 2009 when I decided to put some songs up as reference points for the guys in my bands.
One of my oft played (Guy Clark) numbers has been watched over 12,500 times.

Then, after a while I thought it might be useful to have "chatty" videos to offer some advice, personal opinions etc., - my video on why I prefer 12 fret guitars published in December 2017, has been watched over 86000 times!

I'm selling nothing, charging nothing, "monetising" nothing nor asking for subscribers or hits, but, if you wanted to, and if you want to suggest subjects for further videos from this ol' Limey, then don't hold back, and ...

if you have been, thanks for watching!

(see link below)
Old 07-17-2019, 12:02 PM

I've watched a good few! Well done, that's quite an achievement, and thanks for the content.

You'll have to start calling yourself an 'Influencer'.
Taylor GS-mini mahogany - 2019
Guild GAD D-1212 12-string

American Professional Tele - 2018
Old 07-17-2019, 12:08 PM

Congratulations, that seems like a milestone. I've watched some of your videos and enjoyed/benefited from them. Most recently, the Mr. Bojangles and another one on interpreting songs - keep making pies.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Well, you got me beat by about a thousand times, so congrats.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 07-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

I've watched the video on the Waterloo WL-12 a number of times, to hear it and get a sense of what it sounds. I have run it to the end for a 30 listen LOL. I hope I helped.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 07-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

Good for you Silly!

Glad to know your YouTube channel is continuing to grow. Good for you!

- Glenn
Old 07-17-2019, 03:17 PM

Congrats!

I've watched a number of your videos and found them quite enjoyable.
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 07-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

Excellent news and well deserved, congratulations! Keep posting.
Guilds: 69 F312 Braz, 89 Nightbird II, 91 Nightbird CU, 94 GV70, 96 A50 flattop, 06 CO1 Cedar, 11 F30CE, 13 CS F30R Reno Star, 14 GSR F30CE Coco, Orpheum OM RW, Orpheum SS Hog. SOLD: Guilds: 78 F40,79 F112,’87 GF60R,94 DV72,07 CS F47 Braz,11 DD6MCE,12 F30,12 F30R,18 F2512. Other: 70 Epi 5102,74 Ibanez LesPaul,90 Gibson ES347,15 Alvarez MFA70,15 Martin OM28VTS,15 Epi ES339Pro,16 Alvarez AF60
Old 07-17-2019, 04:16 PM

I'd like to offer my congratulations and my thanks. Your wisdom here and on the YouTubes has been very helpful.

I still think you should start selling SillyTM merchandise!

All my best,
Old 07-17-2019, 09:45 PM

Your videos are quite good, with a good assortment of instruments and accessories. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:18 AM

Well done. You seem like the kind of guy I'd like to jam with - but it's a long way from Sydney to the UK
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 07-18-2019, 06:18 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations Andy, that’s a nice milestone.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzin View Post
I'd like to offer my congratulations and my thanks. Your wisdom here and on the YouTubes has been very helpful.

I still think you should start selling SillyTM merchandise!

All my best,
Hi, I see that many Y/T channels are now starting to sell mugs, caps and t-shirts etc., but as my lecturing "career" had to end in 2017, after the cancer which wrecked my voice, and I'm getting less income from my club and fewer gigs, I cold surely do with some income, but a) it would complicate my current simplistic income tax matters and b) I started the channel just to communicate, record my numbers, and give advice and guidance.

I must admit that when I look at a YT video that has ads on it, I usually just leave.
So,no plans to "monetise" - anyway,I'm not sure there is a market for a mug with my mug on, or a cap with my moustache on it ......is there?
Old 07-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Location: The California Central Coast, in The Heart of the Chaparral!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Hi, I see that many Y/T channels are now starting to sell mugs, caps and t-shirts etc., but as my lecturing "career" had to end in 2017, after the cancer which wrecked my voice, and I'm getting less income from my club and fewer gigs, I cold surely do with some income, but a) it would complicate my current simplistic income tax matters and b) I started the channel just to communicate, record my numbers, and give advice and guidance.

I must admit that when I look at a YT video that has ads on it, I usually just leave.
So,no plans to "monetise" - anyway,I'm not sure there is a market for a mug with my mug on, or a cap with my moustache on it ......is there?

Boy! That's a lot of people you've drawn in! You should request each of those viewers to mail you just a one dollar donation, for the cool music, & good advice you gave them? That would be a great way to "monetise" your YT channel! Heck, even if only one out of a hundred, kicked down, it would be a wonderful boost to good old SM's lifestyle....

BTW, I think I should receive a small 10% commission for thinking up such a clever way to "monetise" things up a bit for you?

Don "The man with a plan"
Old 07-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Whoopee!

For some time, I've been thinking about putting up a thread asking people to look at my humble YouTube channel as the number of hits was approaching 300,000.

Last night sometime, it rolled over that number, and I've got over 1500 subscribers too!

Of course, I don't know who they are and I don't know how many of them are AGF members, but as many of my videos were made specifically to aid/assist AGF members with oft asked questions, I just hope that they have been of use, 'cos that's why I did 'em.

It all started off in 2009 when I decided to put some songs up as reference points for the guys in my bands.

One of my oft played (Guy Clark) numbers has been watched over 12,500 times.

Then, after a while I thought it might be useful to have "chatty" videos to offer some advice, personal opinions etc., - my video on why I prefer 12 fret guitars published in December 2017, has been watched over 86000 times!

I'm selling nothing, charging nothing, "monetising" nothing nor asking for subscribers or hits, but, if you wanted to, and if you want to suggest subjects for further videos from this ol' Limey, then don't hold back, and ...

if you have been, thanks for watching!

(see link below)

Mr SM,
You taught me how to change strings on my slott head. I am grateful. I ve watched many of your videos through the forum.
What is the name of your channel? I’d like to subscribe but unsure how to pull that off.
I very much appreciate your generosity in sharing your knowledge and expertise. Thank you.
All my best,
Tom R

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell