The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Anyone play a taylor guitar with a hammered dulcimer? How about other guitars?

I've been learning the hammered dulcimer for the past month or so. I would have to say that this is the most excited I've been about a musical instrument since I got my Takamine 3 years ago, which brings me to my question.

I had a friend of mine play along with me one day as I played my HD. Once I started playing, I couldn't hear him. My HD was overpowering my poor Tak. I know if I recorded, I could always adjust levels. But, I'm more concerned with playing live with no mic, amps, etc.

What would you suggest for a guitar that would sound nice with a HD? Have any of you played with one of these? (price range - up to $1200 give or take.) What's been your experience?

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 AM

I know you said no amps and what not...but for less than 150 dollars you can get one of those battery operated roland street cubes, which could probably give the Takamine enough volume. It might be worth considering...I understand if it is a cheap excuse just to get another guitar though.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments