The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-11-2019, 08:52 AM

Default Genz Benz, what does 'LT" mean

I know these amps are out of production. I like everything about them. Some of them have "LT" after their names, e.g. Shenandoah LT.

What does that stand for, and are the "LT" models the newer ones?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoryDavis View Post
I know these amps are out of production. I like everything about them. Some of them have "LT" after their names, e.g. Shenandoah LT.

What does that stand for, and are the "LT" models the newer ones?

Thanks
I believe it stands for "Light." The main thing about the "LT" versions of the amps is that they were constructed with lighter cabinets (and maybe lighter drivers, too?). They are significantly lighter than the original versions. I have a ProLT that weighs about 36 lbs. I think the original Pros weighed more like 50 lbs.

Louis
Old 12-16-2019, 08:57 AM

Thanks Louis. That makes perfect sense. Much appreciated.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:35 PM

Yes, the LT versions are the newer version, with most they will also include a class D amp and Neo speaker but there are some exceptions with models like the Shen JR LT and Shen Stereo 60 LT which are lighter but do not use class D amps or Neo speakers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification