The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-15-2021, 10:26 PM

Electric amps work fine for the guitar, case by case with vocals.
The tubes are a pathway to sonic nirvana with electric amps and acoustic guitars. Lowering the tube capacity balances out the amp. Also turning the tone knob to zero is a great start, If there are additional tone knobs the treble knob should definitely be zeroed, and the other two not far behind. An outboard eq makes the tone knobs not a problem.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
I really like the clean sound of Princetons at lower volumes, and if mic’d, can see why Marty Stewart uses that set up.
I saw this and had to try it out. I have a Guild F-30 with a K&K mini in it. Hooked it up to my PRRI (standard model 10" speaker) and I have to say, it sounded pretty good with the amp below half way volume.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:00 PM

I have had good sounds with Polytone Mini Brutes.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:26 PM

Like most of the members here, I have had just about every acoustic amp ever made. My current amps are an AER C60 and I use two BOSE S1s. I recently picked up a BOSS Katana II 50 watt amp and ALL of my guitars sound great through this amp. I can play the Taylor 814, 914 with K&Ks, my T5 with an added K&K pm, my PRS Archtop with piezo - they all sound good. I like my Tele and PRS CE22 through the BOSS as well. I was VERY Surprised.

I also have played everything through my Fender Pro Jr and that works very well also, just have to be careful about feedback with electric amps.

Why not?
Happy hunting,
davidc
Old 02-15-2021, 02:15 PM

I have an Ethos Overdrive Amp on my electric pedalboard. I never thought of plugging my acoustic into it before reading this thread. It works a lot better than I anticipated. It runs into a RevSound 2x10 loaded with Celestion Golds. I may have to explore this further.

McAlister 00 cutaway Italian spruce/walnut
Telecaster ala Danny Gatton/Steve Morse
2 Yamaha BBG5 identical twins
Carvin LB75A fretless

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification