The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-02-2018, 06:09 AM

With mine I had the opposite of wait... Alistair brought a black one to NAMM a few years ago for folks to try...I went around with him in the evenings when he let different people play it...including me and even Teddy of pickup building fame. It was great watching and listening to everyone play it, some really great players. Last day of NAMM he made me buy it....I was played I tell you! Anyway ... I wanted it so that worked out. Didn't know I was gonna be coming home with a new guitar.

A few months earlier I was emailing the Irish guy about an X-20, (prolly a woody) and guess it was all meant to be so I could type all this.

I just wish that the guitar remembered all the cool stuff that was played on it so I could as well, I know it is in the guitar somewhere....always something
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-02-2018, 06:28 AM

Cool story. Thanks for sharing.
Dan
Fender Ukelele

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7aq_u2nyCgtIPffgyWob1A
Old 09-02-2018, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz567 View Post
The only change I made was to an anthem pickup. I didn't ask about the wait time. I just assumed it would be around 4 months. It would be awesome if it would come in time for my birthday in October. I guess time will tell. I'm pretty excited about getting it though.
Dan
Just a pickup? You'll have that guitar for your birthday, I'm betting!
Old 09-02-2018, 07:40 AM

Oh Man! I hope you're right. I sent Kevin an email asking for an estimate on the time frame. Fingers crossed, and we will see what he says.
Dan
Fender Ukelele

Old 09-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Guest 928

Dan;

If not this birthday, for sure by the next. Relax, take it easy, take a deep breath. You are not alone, there are lots of waiters in the world.

And, by the way, congratulations on not just ordering what you want but having the courage to add to the order with a second thought. What you will be getting is well worth the wait.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:21 AM

Emerald X20 is an amazing guitar, you made a very wise choice.
You'll love this exceptional instrument.
Amber is the perfect color too.
I hope you receive it soon.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 11-02-2018, 01:21 PM

As my journey continues down the Yellow Brick Road, I am now just starting to see the glow of the Emerald City. I'm told that my guitar build is now in the final stage of production. I've been pretty good at waiting so far, but now I'm starting to really get excited.

Dan
Fender Ukelele

Old 11-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
As my journey continues down the Yellow Brick Road, I am now just starting to see the glow of the Emerald City. I'm told that my guitar build is now in the final stage of production. I've been pretty good at waiting so far, but now I'm starting to really get excited.

Dan
Nice, congratulations. You must be so excited. I'm excited for you.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 11-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Guest 928

October you say? Wait till the instrument hits the road--the long and winding road. This waiting stuff is not for sissies. Hurry up and wait.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:19 PM

Oh, the waiting pain just got so much worse. My guitar is done and ready to ship. Unfortunately, due to a postal strike here in Canada, I had to tell Kevin to put the shipment on hold until further notice. At least I know my guitar is safe where it is and not sitting somewhere in a messed up postal system. Still sucks though.

Dan
Fender Ukelele

Old 11-21-2018, 02:22 PM

Yikes...torture
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-21-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Oh, the waiting pain just got so much worse. My guitar is done and ready to ship. Unfortunately, due to a postal strike here in Canada, I had to tell Kevin to put the shipment on hold until further notice. At least I know my guitar is safe where it is and not sitting somewhere in a messed up postal system. Still sucks though.

Dan
That postal strike is messing everything up! According to what I read though it might be over in the next few days. And for what its worth it took only 7 days once shipped to arrive to me. I'm a little further north from you so you might be looking at 6 or so days. Whatever it is though it will be worth it!
Old 11-21-2018, 02:46 PM

Well, right now Canada Post says that have a 30 day backlog of parcels to deliver with something like 700 trailers full of packages waiting to deliver. I likely wouldn't see it before Christmas
Fender Ukelele

Old 11-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, right now Canada Post says that have a 30 day backlog of parcels to deliver with something like 700 trailers full of packages waiting to deliver. I likely wouldn't see it before Christmas
WOW! Not before Christmas?? Sounds like a bunch of Postal workers are gonna get coal in their stocking. Sorry to hear about the timing. (sigh)
Old 11-21-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah that's definitely rough we all feel your pain.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber