The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-23-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Based on this, and what Music Villa kind of implied in their review of it, it sounds like Martin didn't do this guitar any favors by putting the Retro Monels on it. Mine arrived this morning and is waiting for me at home. I'm going to do a string comparison and see what the difference is.

Were your Elixirs 80/20 or PBs?

Music Villa review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68oiJrFsDs

I usually use phosphor bronze
Old 02-28-2020, 05:31 PM

Planning to try SCGC lights when I get one.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:43 AM

https://www.martinguitar.com/feature...ials/sizetype/

Seems that Martin 000jr specs are different (13, 3/8 width for 000jr)..... Anyway the guitar looks bigger in photo
Old 10-15-2020, 05:08 PM

Just got one as a birthday present; so far, even with the Monels, which I usually consider too dark, it’s excellent.

The original saddle (Tusq?) was nice and high (the neck is set very well, lots of room), so I took it out and replaced it with a lower bone saddle that I compensated better than the factory saddle. The material was less important than height and compensation. Now it’s a nice about-95% baby OM. It’s a nice break for my hands, and it sounds remarkably good - rich and warm. I can see this going everywhere for a while and certainly being a road trip instrument.

My mahogany OM is out for repairs, and this is serving very nicely in its place. I’m surprised and very pleased at how good it is

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion