The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-30-2019, 06:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszy22 View Post
"Overall guitar dollar sales enjoy a more than 5% year over year increase, with manufacturers affirming 2018 was a great year"

Actual uptick was 5.3 for 2018, 2.2 for 2017.

Perhaps it's not surprising that more new sales might mean fewer used sales. The economy is good, it's easy to understand a "why buy used when I can afford to by new" philosophy.
I question why all the guitar stores are closing then. Have they made to much money?

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 04-30-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
I question why all the guitar stores are closing then. Have they made to much money?
I personally think it's because they have a nonviable business model. They invest in inventory, so people can come in and audition guitars, then buy them online once they settle on what they decide to purchase.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:24 PM

I only buy new. I know it’s dumb, but that’s what I like. If I see a used guitar that I want, the asking price is almost always pretty close to a new price (factoring in a discount). And if I see a used one at ridiculously low price, I question that maybe it’s a fake, stolen or has some serious issues. You just can’t win

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion