The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-04-2019, 11:45 AM

Default Furch Little Jane Backpack Dimensions

I've been trying to find this info (I did send an email to Furch as well) but does anyone know the dimensions of this guitar in its backpack/gig bag?

I know the guitar body itself is 16.5 long x 12 large bout (9.25 small bout) x 4 deep. The bag looks like it fits the guitar pretty snugly.

I did some research on here and on google and found some reviews but nothing about the size.

Any other feedback on this guitar would be appreciated - I have a Journey OF660 but I was interested in something smaller/backpack sized for trips where I am carrying on already (the Journey bag is 22x14x9 which is the domestic carry on limit).

Thanks,

Chris
Old 02-05-2019, 01:41 PM

Hi Chris,
you are right, the guitar fits snuggly.

The backpack dimensions are approx. 18.5 long x 15" lower bout (11.5" for upper bout) x 7" deep (6" with empty front pocket).

Front pocket fits my Macbook Pro 13 perfectly.

The backpack is pretty rigid. All sides and front flap are reinforced with plastic inserts (and a bit of foam) in zippered compartments - so you can simply add /remove them.

Shoulder straps are 2" wide, slightly padded, with snap locks on both ends. You can hide the straps under velcro flap and use the handle on left side.

Guitar itself is... magic :-) Decent design. Well manufactured.

Balanced tone, good projection. Feels inadequately loud (mainly because of the "sound port" designed for storing the neck to the body) - even louder than my Martin 000-16. Neck feels more like modified low oval on Martin than neck on my other Furch (G25).

Shorter scale lenght, so whole step bends for everyone! (with Elixirs .12)
Satin finish cedar top pretty prone to small nicks. Neck heavy.

Regards,
Vlada
Old 02-06-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vld View Post
Hi Chris,
you are right, the guitar fits snuggly.

The backpack dimensions are approx. 18.5 long x 15" lower bout (11.5" for upper bout) x 7" deep (6" with empty front pocket).

Front pocket fits my Macbook Pro 13 perfectly.

The backpack is pretty rigid. All sides and front flap are reinforced with plastic inserts (and a bit of foam) in zippered compartments - so you can simply add /remove them.

Shoulder straps are 2" wide, slightly padded, with snap locks on both ends. You can hide the straps under velcro flap and use the handle on left side.

Guitar itself is... magic :-) Decent design. Well manufactured.

Balanced tone, good projection. Feels inadequately loud (mainly because of the "sound port" designed for storing the neck to the body) - even louder than my Martin 000-16. Neck feels more like modified low oval on Martin than neck on my other Furch (G25).

Shorter scale lenght, so whole step bends for everyone! (with Elixirs .12)
Satin finish cedar top pretty prone to small nicks. Neck heavy.

Regards,
Vlada
Thank you Vlada!
Old 02-12-2019, 07:08 AM

Chris, you are welcome.

I have just found out that Furch website shows redesigned backpack. The purple/brown one seems to be "more casual - less tactical", There are no compression straps, loops, etc.

I was measuring the original black one. The new one seems a bit taller, front pockets are definitely smaller.

(Disclaimer for my wife: It was just an accident. I was not visiting the site with any specific intention nor was I checking the 2018 limited model.)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion