The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-12-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmaute View Post
Yes, they do get great support from manufacturers. At the very least they get new guitars at a very deep discount. I’ve been a G4Vets supporter since 2011 and have donated many guitars to their programs. Each graduate gets a new guitar, gig bag, etc. The donated guitars typically are “program” guitars which the vets use when learning. Once they graduate the “program” guitar stays with the local chapter for the next vet. I believe their current sponsors include Yamaha guitars, TKL gig bags and Levy straps. They also have a new music book published by Alfreds that all grads will get. By the way, all instructors are volunteers. Most chapters can always use strings. I typically order some when there is a good sale online and have them shipped to one of the chapters I support.
Sounds like a great program. I may look into it in my area ...

Thank you for sharing that information and for supporting such a great cause.

~ Paul

Epiphone PR-200
Traveler Escape Mk III

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is."
Old 02-12-2019, 06:00 AM
Charter Member

Keeping with the local theme, you can ask around for someone deserving: churches, guitar instructors, music teachers in school, music stores....

Were it me, I might "lend" it to a kid, telling them that it will be their's if they can accomplish some goal within a given time, something definitely achievable - write and perform a song, play a 3 chord song up to speed, play a piece from a study book...., the idea being that it not just be forgotten about and given up on if their fingers hurt, or baseball season starts.

Kinnaird 000 Adk/Ziracote
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Leach "Arctos" OM Millenium Sequioa/Macassar Ebony
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
McAlister baritone Adk/Bubinga
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
'31 National Duolian
banjos of all kinds, mandolin, autoharp, tiple...
Old 02-12-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmaute View Post
I believe their current sponsors include Yamaha guitars, TKL gig bags and Levy straps.
The folks in Tempe who graduated in the last class all received new Yamaha FG730S or FS730s guitars.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion