The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-14-2021, 08:23 AM

You and your phone did a fine job on the photos - though I'm not surprised someone who could build such a beautiful guitar (even with Steve and Ryan's help) would be a talented photographer too. It's also great that the sound came out well. How many more under the masters' tutelage before you set up your own shop?

Stan
Old 07-14-2021, 10:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck7 View Post
That’s one nice looking 00….really like the simple elegant lines and wood selection…I’m partial to tops like this. Beautiful!!
Thanks canuck7. I'm a super proud papa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
You and your phone did a fine job on the photos - though I'm not surprised someone who could build such a beautiful guitar (even with Steve and Ryan's help) would be a talented photographer too. It's also great that the sound came out well. How many more under the masters' tutelage before you set up your own shop?

Stan
Thanks Stan. The sunlight certainly helped!

Even though it would be great to go back to Nacogdoches, at this time I don't have any plans to. I think I mentioned it briefly in this thread that serendipudously I was notified that my friend's neighbor had an assortment of tools, molds and machines that she wanted to sell (her husband was a hobbyist builder and had passed away a couple of years ago). When I got back home, I went and saw them. After a lot of silence and a bit of negotiating, I ended up buying the lot. I don't have a place to set anything up yet unless I'm willing to sit in an uninsulated garage when it's 115 out. So I'm just now breaking ground on a small shop to be built behind my garage where I hope to use my new tools. When I get it set up (might not be for another 6 months or so), Ryan offered to take a Vegas vacation to get me going in the right direction. We'll see, but I definitely don't plan on quitting my day job just yet.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

She turned out great, Dan! I can't wait to hear it someday. Well done!

If anyone has ideas for case storage once your kids' closets and under their beds are full I'm all ears.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:53 PM

Fantastic, it is beautiful and I am jealous you found all that equipment for sale as well!!!
Old 07-14-2021, 04:19 PM

Building up your own shop - that is really exciting! I hope you get years of joy and inspiration from it, as well as from the current student build!

Cheers!
Stan
Old 07-14-2021, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

Smile

"Even though it would be great to go back to Nacogdoches, at this time I don't have any plans to. I think I mentioned it briefly in this thread that serendipudously I was notified that my friend's neighbor had an assortment of tools, molds and machines that she wanted to sell (her husband was a hobbyist builder and had passed away a couple of years ago). When I got back home, I went and saw them. After a lot of silence and a bit of negotiating, I ended up buying the lot. I don't have a place to set anything up yet unless I'm willing to sit in an uninsulated garage when it's 115 out. So I'm just now breaking ground on a small shop to be built behind my garage where I hope to use my new tools. When I get it set up (might not be for another 6 months or so), Ryan offered to take a Vegas vacation to get me going in the right direction. We'll see, but I definitely don't plan on quitting my day job just yet."

Hmmm... it appears the universe is giving you some nice nudges! When the student is ready the master (and a bunch of tools) appear...

Have fun and do enjoy the new beauty!!!

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 07-16-2021, 04:33 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quite a special 00. Glad to hear she is finally home.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:15 AM
AGF Sponsor

That sure looked like it was a fun project and it turned out fantastic looking! The buttons matching the back plate are a nice added touch. Now we need to hear some sound clips of that little guy when you get the time.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:22 AM
Custom Guitars

Great build and a wonderful looking result. Well done!!
Old 07-19-2021, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Since this thread is at the top again, I wish to say my final thank you's to all who commented and viewed. It was certainly a thrill for me, and I especially appreciate Steve and Billie for inviting me with such open arms into their home. Ryan too was gracious, knowledgeable and also made me feel quite welcomed.
The two of them will always be my Senseis. Hope to see many of you at B.I.G., and that you get a chance to see our creation in person. I am smitten!
Old 07-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

Looks beautiful, Dan--I look forward to seeing you and this guitar soon!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 08-01-2021, 10:31 AM

Very nice build. Compliments to everyone involved. It's beautiful! Thanks for the record.

2019 Applegate SJ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop