The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-18-2021, 06:35 AM

Default For the many older bike conversations.

These handlebars are as genius as some consider them odd. Now you can take a MTB or hybrid type bike and get the comfort and/or cut the wind of a gravel or touring bike without a new bike. The important part being not have to buy new parts for a flat bar or MTB bar setup. With the parts shortages continuing they could solve that problem too.

They appear to have the width that makes modern drop bars nice. Changing your stem for the right position is easy and inexpensive.

While I love wide MTB style bars for control, drop style gives the aging hands more positions and an easier way to deal with a headwind or longer ride. If you have an older bike you will probably like wider bars with a shorter stem.

https://bikerumor.com/2021/07/16/the...ng-components/
Old 07-18-2021, 07:02 AM
Charter Member

I like those a lot - I’d strongly consider them to replace the flat bar on my recently acquired Trek.

They remind me of Ace bars - commonly used on motorcycles back in my youth to get a ‘drop’ riding position without resorting to the complication of ‘clip-ons’

Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 07-18-2021, 09:04 AM

Interesting design there. I've sometimes thought of a Jones H-Bar for a older "Hybrid" flat bar bike that I own and use little, and these look like another alternative to those.

My most used bike is an older REI Safari "adventure touring" model which runs wider/larger air volume tires on 29 inch wheels and it came with figure 8 or "butterfly" bars. It too is flat-bar/hybrid/mountain bike diameter so those parts fit and allow for multiple hand positions.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic