The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-23-2015, 10:58 AM

Default Evan's Emerald Nylon Guitar Adventures

I am still in morning over the closing of The MacNichol Forum (R.I.P) was wondering if any of the old gang has migrated here. Evan.. if you are out there... was wondering how you made out with Alistair and the 3rd generation magic of a nylon string x10....

Hope the old gang is doing well!!!!
Old 10-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Yeah, I'm still wanting to access the site to check things out...but 'tis gone. I hang out here, so I'm also looking forward to any news from the adventures of members who frequented MacNichol's. I think most also have accounts here, some with other screen names.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:21 PM

Evan does post on here every once in a while (maybe more now that MacNichol Forum is gone). I've also seen a few others. On the MacNichol forum I was 2wheeltransit.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:09 PM

Evan was posting here for awhile, but now hasn't posted for more than two and half months on AGF, so for sure hasn't posted since MacNichol shut the forum there.

He much preferred MacNichol in the past years, but since it's gone, I hope he stops in over here and fills us in on the new Emerald nylon. There were a couple of new Emerald nylons being built with different configurations/hardware so I would love to hear and see the outcomes of both.

Evan, are you reading?
Old 10-23-2015, 09:35 PM

Nice to hear from the MacNichol gang. I was there, and am here, new2guitar_eh

I too am extremely curious about Evan's v3 nylon string Emerald.

Evan, yo Evan....where are you?
Old 10-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Guest 928

Hay! I'm here. I was involved in some serious community concerns, sold my 53 Ford PU, bought a new vehicle, took a trip or two, and forgot my password. Sometimes the world gets really busy.

Anyway, I am still waiting patiently for my 3rd generation nylon string Emerald guitar. The first was an X10N, an acoustic that plays like an electric (easy) and sounds marvelous. The 2nd was an X20-OSN that was an incredible instrument but a bit big for my comfort.

The 3rd generation, as many of you know, is an X10N with changes in the face material, headstock, aesthetic, and electronics. Actually I can't detail all the changes because this guitar is largely up to Alistair.

This guitar has been in the works for quite some time but I have been patient. I know that Alistair has been inundated with orders for some of his recent creations. And, as if the orders have not been enough to slow him down, he made a trip to Tibet and got bitten by a mad dog. I did not authorize that trip and sort of begrudge the lost time.

It's nice hearing all of you back together and it's good seeing new members of the carbon fiber band.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:30 AM

Good to hear from you Evan and the rest of the old gang!!! Haven't heard from Kramster in a while... Perhaps he is here under a new name... Miss his awesome videos and coverage of NAMM!!! He used to get all the girls and latest and coolest CF guitars.

Anyone going to 2016 NAMM??? Perhaps to early to ask.....

Chris
Old 10-24-2015, 12:54 PM

Yes, Kramster was absent for some time at the MacNichols towards the end too and his last post on AGF was mid July, 3 months ago.

I've got to think there are other matters keeping him busy to not see him post for this long a time.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixedgear60 View Post
I am still in morning over the closing of The MacNichol Forum (R.I.P) was wondering if any of the old gang has migrated here. Evan.. if you are out there... was wondering how you made out with Alistair and the 3rd generation magic of a nylon string x10....

Hope the old gang is doing well!!!!
Duh....Yup! I hope Alistair is still working on the Synergy Ukulele I'd ordered. It's been a long, long, long... 5 months!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:36 PM

Wait, Synergy ‘Ukulele? Have you written about this before? If not, spill it.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
Wait, Synergy ‘Ukulele? Have you written about this before? If not, spill it.
Here you go!

http://ukulelehunt.com/buy-ukulele/l...erald-guitars/
Old 10-24-2015, 07:32 PM

Awesome axe! I'd love to see Jake work out on one of these.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:18 PM

Hey Evan,

It's time for an update on the v3 nylon....what can you tell us who await with bated breath
Old 11-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Guest 928

New2;

It has been a long wait, and I have nothing new to add. I don't want to rush Alistair because we both want this to be as good as it gets. It may very well be that he's made several and not been happy with any of them--they might be screwed to his ceiling along with all his other experimental duds. I know the feeling--In my 40 years of wood sculpture I burned about 1/4 of my work, work that I did not want to be known for.

I'm waiting, but not feeling too sorry for myself. After all, I am consoled by my Emerald X10N and my Rainsong Parlor; and these are the guitars that Alistair has been asked to best. The challenge is daunting and Alistair and I are sharing the passage of time.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:41 PM

Default Greetings Evan

Hi Evan,

I am very interested to hear what happens.

How big is the body?

Do you have any ballpark specs to share???

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber