The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-24-2020, 10:58 PM
Charter Member

Default Bizarre email threat

We have two Weebly business sites with contact forms, and the following message was sent to both this evening::

Quote:
Submitted Information:

Name
Andrewjalay Andrewjalay

Email
[email protected]

Comment
Your reputation and business are at stake!

We on your behalf in the message your website address [our .com website address was inserted here] and your contact information (including in social. Networks and messengers) will send:

+ on 15,897,318 sites, threats with insults to site owners, US residents, Europeans, LGBT and BLM.

+ 790,000 messages to bloggers with threats and insults

+ 2 367 896 public figures and politicians (from the USA and Europe) with threats and insults

+ 70,000 negative reviews about you and your website [our .com website address was inserted here]

+ 23 467 849 contact forms of sites with threats and insults

+ 150,000 emails messages to people with disabilities with threats and insults, many of them will definitely sue you

+ 57000 emails of messages to veterans with threats and insults, FOR THIS YOU WILL BE EXACTLY SITTED

Following from all of the above, you will get a lot of losses:

+ an abuse from spam house, amazon and many webmasters (for spam, insults and threats) will come to your site [our .com website address was inserted here], as a result, your domain will be banned and blacklisted

+ people will sue you because you threatened and humiliated them

+ in court you will not prove anything, everything will look as if you did it all, MOST YOU WILL GO TO PRISON

+ internet will be inundated with negative reviews about you and your website [our .com website address was inserted for the third time here]

+ threats and reprisals from BLM and LGBT community members, in fact, these are dangerous community guys

Total: you will lose your business, all your money, you will spend on lawyers and compensation for court decisions, you will go to jail, your life will turn to hell ...

We already have everything ready to launch all of the above, but we decided to give you a chance to avoid all this, you can buy off a small amount of money.

Make a payment, transfer 0.39 Bitcoins to this address

1JDYfBMP3vg8TcuFuwSHc1Wop3rREqupC4

We are waiting for the transfer from you until November 27, on Saturday November 28, if payment does not come from you, we will begin to destroy your business and you along with it.
I trashed both of them, and am not worried that anything will come from this scam, but it sure sounds extreme. Has anyone encountered this before? Did a google search and found this...
https://www.bitcoinabuse.com/reports...c1Wop3rREqupC4
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class

Last edited by seannx; 11-24-2020 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:16 PM

I think you did the right thing. There are some seriously disgusting people out there. Don't waste any energy on 'em.

scott
Old 11-25-2020, 06:00 AM

"MOST YOU WILL GO TO PRISON"

They'd have to try harder than that to have me sending bitcoins. Furthest I'd go is a Tupperware full of leftover turkey on Friday.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:00 AM

That's one of many common scams. You can view the header part of an email message to see sender, paths, and addresses.

The type of email threat to be more worried about is when an account in a big or your own tenant gets compromised. For examples, someone's or your own account at same host, Google or Microsoft tenant. They can slip through most protection measures because you should think of them as already inside.

Of course it's a big mess if your own account is the one compromised.

Using DNS-based security can be a big help. Contrary to what some stand stand strong on, it also helps to have up to date and patched versions of your software.

Your Internet consumption, quality of content and more extreme political leaning can also make a difference as far as the number and types of attack vectors you are exposed to. To explain, I administer security systems for close to 1000 employees, and 4 public WiFi networks that can each get hundreds of users per day. My inline threat protection reports and reports from DNS-based security show those patterns. Content providers towards extremes are often flagged. Please understand it's not the politics per se, but attack vectors. The criminals take advantage of gullible people.

You can use DNS-based security on a personal level but understand it might stop or block some Internet use you do.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:45 PM

Never received anything like that before. Back in the late 90’s I did however find this in my inbox:

“I have been hired by someone you know to kill you. This is how your life will end. You will not know when or how it will happen, but it WILL happen”.

I responded with “make sure you bring help because I assure you I won’t die easily”. I never heard from them again, as I knew I wouldn’t.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:43 PM

That is absurd. Right to the spam folder that should go.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:21 PM

Its probably from the Nigerian princes cousin.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

Interesting. Many of the scams that I’m aware of are based on a “Hope of gain”.
The one is extreme in its “Fear Of Lose”

This is a government web site to report scams. They probably get inundated with reports that lead nowhere but it can’t hurt to make a report
https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic