The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-24-2020, 12:29 PM

The proven form of time travel is different from the more commonly presented conception of time travel that is presented in entertainment.

My theory of people having dreams about alien visitations or repressed memories of alien abductions is that these people are recalling their own birth. The feeling of levitation is from them being carried away from their mother. The inability to move or run away is from them not being able to move because they were babies with no motor skills and were all wrapped up anyway. The pale green aliens without mouths that surrounded them in their dreams were the nurses and doctors dressed in the hospital scrubs with face masks. The poking and prodding that took place was the poking and prodding done to measure them and make sure they were healthy babies. But my simple explanation doesn’t lead to countless seasons of a show on the History Channel. Lol
Old 11-24-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
I've often heard that we will someday be contacted by aliens but then started to wonder, "Why?"

I mean, what is so special about us that would even interest another species who've figured out how to travel faster than light ...

Yeah, we're probably so far behind they'll probably just fly on past looking for more interesting folks to visit.

As for time travel, I got nuthin'

PJ
Why is probably the same reason we care about water / life on Mars. Because it's interesting and increases our understanding of the universe. But to your point, if aliens have figured out how to travel faster than light, they've probably already seen a whole bunch of infested dirt balls like ours.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:18 PM

Great thread Barry! I enjoy listening to this stuff when I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleep (Coast to Coast AM).

The Fermi Paradox is interesting in that it "is a conflict between the argument that scale and probability seem to favor intelligent life being common in the universe, and the total lack of evidence of intelligent life having ever arisen anywhere other than on the Earth." (source: Wikipedia).
Old 11-24-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Great thread Barry! I enjoy listening to this stuff when I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleep (Coast to Coast AM).

The Fermi Paradox is interesting in that it "is a conflict between the argument that scale and probability seem to favor intelligent life being common in the universe, and the total lack of evidence of intelligent life having ever arisen anywhere other than on the Earth." (source: Wikipedia).
Good reference Dru.

However, a lot of people don't recognize that two intelligent races need to overlap both in space and TIME (possibly dimension as well). Most understand the vastness of space which hinders communication or even evidence of other life, but most do not realize, for example, an alien race could have existed 500 million years ago and died off 300 million years ago. We would never know they existed. Considering the age and size of the universe, I don't think it's surprising at all we have not noticed anything as of yet. We are still in our infancy as a race and maybe we will see evidence in a few hundred or thousand years if we survive.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-24-2020, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Good reference Dru.

However, a lot of people don't recognize that two intelligent races need to overlap both in space and TIME (possibly dimension as well). Most understand the vastness of space which hinders communication or even evidence of other life, but most do not realize, for example, an alien race could have existed 500 million years ago and died off 300 million years ago. We would never know they existed. Considering the age and size of the universe, I don't think it's surprising at all we have not noticed anything as of yet. We are still in our infancy as a race and maybe we will see evidence in a few hundred or thousand years if we survive.
Wait !! you mean the MIB movie franchise is not a Documentary ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 11-24-2020, 02:20 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Ha interesting I just got the Midway 4k UltraHD Blue Ray (great movie BTW) but they forgot to mention that
I've researched that one for years and my bookshelves are groaning from the weight of the books. Someone in some obscure book mentioned that factoid in the forward of the the book.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 11-24-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Good reference Dru.

Hey Rob, great point and it's another theory I've read regarding why we have no proof of life aside from our planet - The vastness of the universe and the distance between stars is too much for any civilization to bridge.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:19 PM

I just read the story (from a different news source). This was just found but the location is being withheld for the moment. Not sure who put it there but it's 10-12 feet high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Found in a remote part of Utah:

NEWS STORY

Bob
Old 11-24-2020, 06:25 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
I just read the story (from a different news source). This was just found but the location is being withheld for the moment. Not sure who put it there but it's 10-12 feet high.
Wow, I thought it was a joke!

Anyway, I should be receiving my Nobel prizes soon for my brilliant theories....

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 11-24-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Wow, I thought it was a joke!

Anyway, I should be receiving my Nobel prizes soon for my brilliant theories....

LOL, I thought it was a joke too but coincidentally I was looking at Google News and it showed up in my feed. The thought is some artist illegally placed it there for whatever reason.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:56 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:

.....The thought is some artist illegally placed it there for whatever reason.
Hopefully.

It is 2020 you know.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 11-25-2020, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Good reference Dru.

Whilst it is true that to have any meaningfull "conversation" with an advanced species close proximity would be a requirement, tens of light years maybe, that isn't true of detecting the evidence of an advanced civilisation.

In your example it depends how far away that civilisation is. If it was 500 million light years away, we would only now be receiving any kind of signal. The civilisation could be long dead, but we would be "seeing" it as it existed half a billion years ago.

The advances in the study of exoplanets is quite encouraging in the search for life. Spectral analysis of the atmosphere of exoplanets gives the possibility of detecting the signatures of biological processes or even industrial processes that could only be produced by a technological civilisation.

We may not be able to contact them but we could find evidence that they exist or existed, as we are always looking into the past.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:28 AM
Charter Member

Let us consider why an alien intelligence capable of interstellar travel would be interested in us and/or our planet?

Firstly, and we can only consider situations using human motives, there would be the search for resources.

That is why humans and other species travel.
Resources? So what does our little planet have that is in short supply elsewhere?

Thoughts of the old story "To Serve Man".

Secondly, the pure desire for research - like we explore and record/document other species.

Maybe we are in a kind of zoo and don't even realise it?
Old 11-25-2020, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Let us consider why an alien intelligence capable of interstellar travel would be interested in us and/or our planet?

Firstly, and we can only consider situations using human motives, there would be the search for resources.

That is why humans and other species travel.
Resources? So what does our little planet have that is in short supply elsewhere?

Thoughts of the old story "To Serve Man".

Secondly, the pure desire for research - like we explore and record/document other species.

Maybe we are in a kind of zoo and don't even realise it?
Perhaps Humanoid flesh is an interstellar delicacy and in short supply. I sometimes think that defense from Alien invasion is the only thing that will unite the planet's population with a common goal. Sorry for the doom and gloom.

On the other hand, perhaps we are the most advanced life in the universe and will be the first to explore new worlds.

YouTube
Old 11-25-2020, 06:26 AM
Guitar Gourmet

To quote the famous, angry philosopher, Don Henley (himself surely an alien), "They're not here, they aren't coming."

THE SONG

Lyrics -
From the Arizona desert
To the Salisbury Plain
Lights on the horizon
Patterns on the grain
Anxious eyes turned upward
Clutching souvenirs
Carrying our highest hopes and our darkest fears

They swear there was an accident back in '47
Little man with a great big head
Splattered down from heaven