The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-04-2023, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
I had to try a couple Graphtech saddles to get one that worked--I don't know if the SP1 is different from the original. When I have time, I'll see if I can look up which one ended up working.
Please check which model it was when you get the time! 👍
Old 10-04-2023, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I had to try a couple Graphtech saddles to get one that worked--I don't know if the SP1 is different from the original. When I have time, I'll see if I can look up which one ended up working.
The saddle I used was a GraphTech PQ-9280-C0 TUSQ Fully Compensated Acoustic Guitar Saddle. I'd never replaced a saddle before, and it took some sanding, but wasn't that hard at all and worked a treat to get the action where I wanted it and also help the intonation.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
The saddle I used was a GraphTech PQ-9280-C0 TUSQ Fully Compensated Acoustic Guitar Saddle. I'd never replaced a saddle before, and it took some sanding, but wasn't that hard at all and worked a treat to get the action where I wanted it and also help the intonation.
Thanks! ❤️
Old 10-05-2023, 10:51 AM

Default Nova Go SP1 hum when plugged-in?

Anyone else who has the SP1 version that has tried to plug it in to an amp? I get an annoying "hum" when I do that.
Old 10-08-2023, 06:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
There is one review on YouTube that shows bad fretwork. Not just a buzz but plain dead notes.

I am glad the fretwork on yours is flawless, but even if a dud is rare I would hesitate to buy these guitars online.
Same here. I think the concept is really cool but much of what I read indicates that Quality Control and Material Quality are suspect. It appears that even if you get one where the frets are all set properly, the fret material is really soft and will wear rapidly. For $5 more, they could have used better fretwire. Go figure…

Hopefully they read these things and the next generation will be better.
Old 01-28-2024, 04:44 PM

Default Enya Battery

I'm intrigued by the Nova Go SP1. I have a couple of parlour sized guitars (Tayler GS Mini, Emerald X7), and I prefer their size over the larger body instruments that I have.

I'm wondering about the battery though. It's rechargeable via a USB port, but nowhere have I seen any discussion on what happens when the battery ultimately needs replacement, as all rechargeables eventually do. Is it replaceable? If so, is it a relatively simple replacement or do you need to do major surgery to access and replace the battery?
Giannini AWN-70
Kremona S63CW
Simon & Patrick Songsmith Folk
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez ART120QA
Norman B18
Vester VDN 325
Harley Benton H3 Banjitar
Old 02-05-2024, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Burström View Post
Anyone else who has the SP1 version that has tried to plug it in to an amp? I get an annoying "hum" when I do that.
I’ve plugged mine in to my UltraSound 30 acoustic amp and get excellent results every time.

I also tried it with my Roland MicroCube and had no sound, but no hum either. Nothing whatsoever.

Not sure what your issue might be.

Good luck with it!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber