The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-14-2021, 11:24 PM
Charter Member

Default Alvarez ACM50 Condenser mic...thing of the past?

I've researched here and there, planted a few "want to buy" posts, and googled around.....is it safe to say the only way I would be able to come up with one of these mics for my 600T MkII is if someone had one of their own and would be willing to sell? pretty much dead ends everywhere else.....maybe someone could just let me know the obvious: they don't make these any more and no outlets sell them any more.....I've also read some past threads here that talk about other mics that would work with this system just as well or better, but confusion sets in and I don't seem to find a clear (easy) answer there either......any new advice on this seemingly old question would be appreciated.....
Old 10-24-2021, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

just bringing it back around.....if anyone has one, or knows of someone who does, and would be willing to sell it, I'd like to hear from you.....my Yairi MMY1 has the 600T MK II.....I love the guitar, but I get the plugged in sound I want when I have the under saddle/under bridge systems with a mic......I hope I'm able to hear this guitar with the "full" system one of these days.....my Maton has spoiled me for live sound, and is my only gig guitar, but I would love to gig with the MMY1 too.....I'm thinking of trying the Fishman Aura Spectrum if I can't find a mic.....thanks for reading, and hats off to any of my fellow musicians in their 70s still goin' at it!
Old 10-24-2021, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

I'd never heard of it, but it looks like one is available at the moment at Reverb

https://reverb.com/item/29308638-alv...ser-microphone

Good luck!
Old 10-24-2021, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

thanks, Chriscom, for looking around, but that one was sold quite a while ago and the listing is 2 yrs old......it pops up every time I go on a search.....but, man, you had me going there for a little bit...........one of these days..........
Old 10-24-2021, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krugjr View Post
thanks, Chriscom, for looking around, but that one was sold quite a while ago and the listing is 2 yrs old......it pops up every time I go on a search.....but, man, you had me going there for a little bit...........one of these days..........
Oh man so sorry, apologies!

I wish you better luck than that!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification