The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 08-12-2021, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Default Big Red Machine

Never heard of BRM before their appearance on the Colbert show a couple of nights ago but now I'm obsessed with their music, in awe of Anais Mitchell and playing this song on guitar all day.

Anybody have an idea of what acoustic the lead singer is playing, an old Gibson J50 maybe?

Rob

Old 08-12-2021, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar12 View Post
Never heard of BRM before their appearance on the Colbert show a couple of nights ago but now I'm obsessed with their music, in awe of Anais Mitchell and playing this song on guitar all day.

Anybody have an idea of what acoustic the lead singer is playing, an old Gibson J50 maybe?

Rob

I like this one too, and it's got more Anais Mitchell.

I'm not Gibson acoustic knowledgeable to ID what Robin Pecknold was playing, I did notice the worn walnut finish Firebird electric on the first clip though. I've seen the drummer (J T Bates) in various bands in the Twin Cities.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 08-12-2021, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

Both of those are really nice. I've never heard of any of them...

-Ray
Old 08-12-2021, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
I like this one too, and it's got more Anais Mitchell.

I'm not Gibson acoustic knowledgeable to ID what Robin Pecknold was playing, I did notice the worn walnut finish Firebird electric on the first clip though. I've seen the drummer (J T Bates) in various bands in the Twin Cities.
Thanks for that link Frank, I had not seen that one. JT Bates plays drums with such ease and joy you just can't help but feel good while watching him.

Rob
Old 08-29-2021, 03:01 PM

I support the genuine Big Red Machine

what is this talk about ?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN