The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 06-13-2015, 04:29 PM

Default "Jazz Guitar Online" Lessons

Jazz Guitar Online has a forum ( http://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/ ) that's been mentioned from time to time. Has anyone tried the for-pay lessons at http://www.jazzguitar.be/store/the-j...mpaign=Premium ? If so, what did you think?
Old 06-13-2015, 11:02 PM
Guest23343

Nope. I hate to take away any cash from legitimate teachers, but there is so much great material out there, I can't justify paying for a lesson unless it's one on one or at least a seminar of some sort.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:18 AM

If you mean Dirk's, they are fabulously constructed and extremely practical. Best thing I have seen anywhere on-line. --Richard
Old 06-14-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Mott View Post
If you mean Dirk's, they are fabulously constructed and extremely practical. Best thing I have seen anywhere on-line. --Richard
Yes, Dirk Laukens' premium lessons. 10 for $30, or 20 for $45
Old 06-14-2015, 11:34 AM

While there is no doubt a need for 1:1 with a qualified teacher to put your game on the map once you are there and looking for expansion anything from books in print to PDF's become valuable. And the cost is a fraction of what an hourly teacher gets.

The DIY home study course from National Institute of All Things Guitar.

In truth we live in a golden age of knowledge.

I like print better than online simply because I hate sitting in front of a screen with my guitar in my hand. Oddly enough I did a lot of practicing to late night Johnny Carson but that's a different era all together.

The more food the better IMO.

The guitar intensives are a way to get direct access to the source. That works well to spark interest and drive to achieving higher levels of proficiency. Intensives are short lived and there's nothing like having a nice catalog of material to engage in when it feels right to do so.

Or cut loose and free form it.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:07 PM

I'm working my way through the lessons, along with 50 other sources.

The lessons are relatively short, condensed and excellent. I think they are one of the best bang-for-the-buck lesson packages you can get.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops