The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-11-2016, 11:27 AM

Default Boss RC-30 Looper set up issue?

After ideas here?

I am wanting to use a kick stompbox (Bigfoot Yowie), my Taylor Acoustic (114ce), and a Shure SM58 (as a secondary mic for the odd backing vocal) through my recently bought Boss RC-30 Looper?

My problem is I want to be able to have some control over the volume and at least basic EQ over all three, though not too concerned about the vocal (the RC-30 has Mic input level).

My first thought was to buy a boss GEB7 EQ pedal (this has the lower frequencies) to run the stompbox kick through, and another Boss GE7 EQ for the acoustic (my Taylor has been modified and doesnt have onboard EQ)? Both pedals have gain control, and obviously good EQ potential.

This means plugging the guitar then into the left/mono instrument IN, and the stompbox into the right instrument IN on the back of the RC-30? Im just questioning if this is a good idea or is there a better way?

But then I have read similar threads in here talking about running through the mixing desk first (I have a Mackie ProFX12 mixing desk) and using effects sends or aux sends etc... to the RC-30 and then back? Call me stupid but that confuses me a little, and would mean running three or four leads offstage to the mixer (2 sends, 1 or 2 returns)?

Any ideas, help, would be greatly appreciated

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
boss, issues, looper, rc-30