The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-03-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaemc2 View Post
Yes, me too. The HyVibe pickup option in Emeralds gets very little mention here.

I took a chance and ordered an X7 with HyVibe based on demos that I thought sounded good. Not sure when it will arrive but will relay my thoughts.
Nice! Sounds like you may be the first one here with a HyVibe X7.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone70 View Post
Nice! Sounds like you may be the first one here with a HyVibe X7.
Or the first to admit it anyway!! Lol
Old 10-02-2022, 06:44 PM

I just got my X 20 with HyVibe.. having already gotten experience with the Enya X4Pro.. I would say this . There are a ton of options and settings! You will need to really play with it to get the best set up gif all the different effects . The effects far exceed the Enya ..For this who like to play with effects .. if said go for it .. Got mine on Friday and have been playing around with it a lot . I was a little concerned with all the posts about battery failing but after taking with the Rep Matt Volsky ( see the Lag HyVibe page) . It's not a bid deal if the batter does fail snd HyVibe stands behind their product . The ability to combine and save settings .. like Reverb with Chorus.. for example is a real plus . And you can save all your play settings .. then the looper is a big feature .. its really a great option . I like the system as it adds to creativity .. So .. if you like effects .. I'd tell you it's very impressive ..I have to try out the looper .. you can choose have many bars.. add effects .. then save that all as well . Also can take music from your phone then use the guitar as a speaker ..it's worth looking at the manual in line to get a good idea on how everything works ..
Old 10-03-2022, 03:22 PM

@AZKATY
Cool and thanks for the reply! Looking forward to receiving mine soon!
Old 10-10-2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKATY View Post
I just got my X 20 with HyVibe.. having already gotten experience with the Enya X4Pro.. I would say this . There are a ton of options and settings! You will need to really play with it to get the best set up gif all the different effects . The effects far exceed the Enya ..For this who like to play with effects .. if said go for it .. Got mine on Friday and have been playing around with it a lot . I was a little concerned with all the posts about battery failing but after taking with the Rep Matt Volsky ( see the Lag HyVibe page) . It's not a bid deal if the batter does fail snd HyVibe stands behind their product . The ability to combine and save settings .. like Reverb with Chorus.. for example is a real plus . And you can save all your play settings .. then the looper is a big feature .. its really a great option . I like the system as it adds to creativity .. So .. if you like effects .. I'd tell you it's very impressive ..I have to try out the looper .. you can choose have many bars.. add effects .. then save that all as well . Also can take music from your phone then use the guitar as a speaker ..it's worth looking at the manual in line to get a good idea on how everything works ..
Did your HyVibe equipped guitar come with a charging adapter or just the 5V DC, 2.5A cable? Mine just came with a USB cable?

UPDATE: I found out that HyVibe doesn't include a wall charger adapter, just the USB cable. I found an old Samsung Charger rated at 5V, 2.0A and is charging now. I also received a response from Emerald and HyVibe saying that a 5V, 3.0A charger is also acceptable, but for now I am just going to use my old 5V, 2.0A wall adapter.

I had a lot of fun with the looper in the HyVibe today. That's a useful feature that I will use often!

Last edited by dgaemc2; 10-11-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2023, 04:59 PM

Just got my X20 with HyVibe, and set it up with an Airturn BT500S-4 bluetooth pedal.

The pedal works pretty well for looping, but I'm struggling with how to best set it up for toggling or switching effects. Has anyone else used their HyVibe with an Airturn?
Old 02-20-2023, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealmasy View Post
Just got my X20 with HyVibe, and set it up with an Airturn BT500S-4 bluetooth pedal.

The pedal works pretty well for looping, but I'm struggling with how to best set it up for toggling or switching effects. Has anyone else used their HyVibe with an Airturn?
You did a lot better than me. I wasn't able to get it to work at all! Not even for looping. Were you able to find online instructions from HyVibe? I searched but no luck.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber