The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-03-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Would you mind reminding me what you ordered, and when?

My guitar did not make it in time for final quality check and shipping it will be out on the next shipment either friday or monday.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars

Last edited by 121; 09-03-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
My guitar did not make in time for final quality check and shipping it will be out on the next shipment either friday or monday.
Oh ouch! So sorry!
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 09-03-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post
Uncertainty is killing me.

It certainly can!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-03-2018, 03:22 PM
Guest 928

Ah, the old final quality check...............and then the "maybe tomorrow" line.

Don't listen to Gitaman or Kramster--they'll bury you.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
My guitar did not make it in time for final quality check and shipping it will be out on the next shipment either friday or monday.
Aw, sorry to hear that - disappointing, especially after being told that a tracking number would be sent to you today. In the grand scheme of things, 5 more days isn't as significant as the "highs and lows" of being told a ship date, and then that not happening.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Guest 928

And then getting harassed for your impatience. Read some Mad magazines and then ask yourself "What! Me Worry?" Be cool, nothing's happening here, life goes on, rust never sleeps, and so forth. I look forward to the arrival, and pictures, and reviews.

In graduate school I learned that there are mentors and there are tormentors. I try a bit of both.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post

In graduate school I learned that there are mentors and there are tormentors. I try a bit of both.

And I drove by a graduate school once and that's where I learned that very thing as well... but I did learn to play any guitar as much as I can during the wait so my digits would tuffen up cause I know Ill be playing the new one(s) a boat load. ( I snuck boat in there for Cap't )
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-04-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post
Happy for all you guys ahead of me! I have been waiting since the arrival of new cocobolo for Kevin to send me pictures so I could place an order for X7 . He said I am the first in line to pick. If it takes too long and another red X7 shows up, I may give in. Uncertainty is killing me.
If you were looking at the "in-stock" X7 Red Artisan in the past week or two, it was likely me that took that option away from you. (Sorry...or maybe not sorry!). Placed the order last week, and just got notified of shipping yesterday.

Everyone raves about the Emeralds, and while I haven't played one, everything about it sounds appealing to me. (comfort, small size, low maintenance, great sound from the videos I've heard, etc.) So, I decided to take the plunge with an in-stock model this first time around. I figured if I really liked it, since so many people here have multiples, I can go crazy on a custom X20 at some point in the future.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:33 AM

Nice snag kevad...you done good... red looks really cool on these.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevad View Post
If you were looking at the "in-stock" X7 Red Artisan in the past week or two, it was likely me that took that option away from you. (Sorry...or maybe not sorry!). Placed the order last week, and just got notified of shipping yesterday.

Everyone raves about the Emeralds, and while I haven't played one, everything about it sounds appealing to me. (comfort, small size, low maintenance, great sound from the videos I've heard, etc.) So, I decided to take the plunge with an in-stock model this first time around. I figured if I really liked it, since so many people here have multiples, I can go crazy on a custom X20 at some point in the future.
Congrats! The things you've heard are true. Buying an in-stock Emerald is a good way to go, too... as close to instant gratification as AN Post and the US Postal System can deliver. Looking forward to your NGD posts when it arrives.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevad View Post

Kevad,

The red keeps on crawling back into my heart. I went through entire Emerald youtubes' reds being played last night and...

I am not sure if I should thank you or hate you😢
Old 09-04-2018, 01:11 PM

Thanks Jim and kramster. I'm so excited, and will definitely write up a NGD post in a week or two when it arrives. (Don't know how you all can wait 4+ months!)

While I've played drums for 20+ years, I only just started playing guitar a little over a year ago. Got an electric guitar to start, and realized I really loved playing fingerstyle. So, I picked up a GS mini, and that's basically the only style I've played since. Needless to say, the Emerald should be a significant upgrade!

Gitaman, I chatted with Emerald on their website about the guitar before buying, and they gave me the whole, "Oh, we've had a lot of inquiries about that guitar. If you are interested, you should buy it soon" pitch. I knew it was a sales pitch, but guess there might have been some truth to it too. Well, either way, it clearly worked on me.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:32 PM

So after much back-and-forth and debate, looks like I am changing my x30 order into a X10 level two. Sigh, maybe I should get off these forums before I end up changing it again to something else.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post
So after much back-and-forth and debate, looks like I am changing my x30 order into a X10 level two. Sigh, maybe I should get off these forums before I end up changing it again to something else.
“They” say change is good. Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post
An x30 is my first Emerald, and an x10 L2 will probably be my second.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber