The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-13-2013, 04:19 AM

Default TruChannel Binder Router Jig

Hi All;
I bought a TruChannel Binder Router Jig used on ebay. I have a Bosch Colt 1 HP router. The TruChannel 'router carraige', the piece that slides up and down the post and screws onto the router base, does not fit the Bosch Colt. It is a differnt design for a different router base.

I am asking if any trusting guitar picker here will 'rent/lease' their 'router carraige' for a few days. I am a trustworthy guitar pickin inidvidual

I do not want to 'free hand' rout my project binding channels, and I do not want to spend $250.00 to buy a new jig.

Waiting for a soft hearted sympathetic reply.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

...pm sent
Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 AM

From: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Sp...b=Instructions

Quote:
The router carriage rolls vertically on the guide post, and holds your laminate trimmer. It fits the Bosch Colt laminate trimmer. You can also add holes as needed to accept other brands of trimmers.
I guess I'm not understanding your question, as it is a relatively simple matter to drill additional mounting holes in the carriage to suit your router.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:57 AM

I was going to suggest drilling out the holes as well. I have the same jig and it fits my Colt, except I had to buy bolts about 1/8" or so longer than the Colt's bolts even after taking off the base - they just didn't reach enough to grab securely. They are metric btw, and I got them at one of the big box hardware places. For some reason, the number 4 sticks out, but it's been a while.
Just on a thought, not thinking you necessarily missed this, but did you turn the Colt to face away from the tower and take off the knob on the back?
Bob

Edit: Sheesh, that's more obvious than I thought when I wrote it. Sorry, not trying to insult intelligence.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1275midget View Post
Hi All;
I bought a TruChannel Binder Router Jig used on ebay. I have a Bosch Colt 1 HP router. The TruChannel 'router carraige', the piece that slides up and down the post and screws onto the router base, does not fit the Bosch Colt. It is a differnt design for a different router base.

I am asking if any trusting guitar picker here will 'rent/lease' their 'router carraige' for a few days. I am a trustworthy guitar pickin inidvidual

I do not want to 'free hand' rout my project binding channels, and I do not want to spend $250.00 to buy a new jig.

Waiting for a soft hearted sympathetic reply.
I have a bosch colt router as well. I made my own attachments from bamboo for routing binding. Very easy and much less than 250 dollars.

I previously posted a link to a photo of it on this forum, and others posted their ideas too. A bit of forum searching might find some more photos, but here is a link to mine again.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair