The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-15-2020, 12:14 PM

Default B-Band XLR/TS jack on other preamps?

Hi folks,
I've given up on my Alvarez AD60ce's B-Band system, tried a replacement T-65 UST/SBT version and it soon developed the same low level/hissy output as the original SYS550.

So, I *do* like the TS/XLR jackbox on these things (and it was the preamp that was the issue initially so I think the jack is ok), so I'm wondering if anyone has tried wiring one of these jacks up to a different manufacturer preamp? I'm looking at an LR Baggs StagePro Element (staying with a side preamp so there's no gaping hole) and I'd like to see if I could wire it to the B-Band's output jackplate instead of the included endpin jack (again, to not leave a gaping hole in the guitar).

The SYS550/T65 cable to the XLR/TS plate is a 4 wire cable (unsure of the use per wire yet as there's no info available) while the LR Baggs endpin has a 3 wire min-TRS connection.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff
Ibanez Artwood AW100 w/Fishman Presys Blend
Ibanez Talman TCY10ETBS

www.acousticafeband.com / @AcoustiCafeBand
www.7thvoice.net / @7thVoiceMusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification