The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-06-2020, 12:14 PM

Default Changing Yamaha Tuner Buttons

I have an old F345SY TBS, with stock, gold toned tuners, where some of the gold tone has been polished away (oops! I got a little too aggressive with some metal polish).

I'd like to swap out the tuner buttons and read in an online review, that the tuner buttons that work for this guitar are ones that fit Grover Rotomatics.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on this, but am considering Hipshot tuner buttons that also fit Grover tuners. Possibly the amber A02 which are priced nicely, or wood knobs, like these Tone Ninja snakewood buttons , which are a lot more than I'd like to spend.

I'm favoring the look of the snakewood buttons (the guitar is more of a golden-reddish wood, it's marketed as sycamore).. but $40+ is a LOT to spend on this guitar (which I bought used for $50 and is maybe worth $150 outside of other upgrades I've put in.. like bone saddle and pins). I'd also like faux-tortoise, but I haven't found any online that look like they'd fit.

Does anybody have other suggestions/sources?

Specific experience with Yamaha tuner replacements that fit will are much appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by fishwatcher; 10-06-2020 at 12:41 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion