The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 09-16-2020, 04:31 AM
Charter Member

Default Price Drop Bourgeois Vintage D Peruvian (Sacha)/Adi Top, $3,250

Price reduced to $3,250!

Recently picked up from Matts67 and I've decided to sell it. The information contained below is from Matts67 original post and is used with his permission. The guitar is exactly as advertised. Serial number traces it to 2013; the guitar does not have a heel strap button installed. The woods used on this guitar are unbelievably beautiful.

I play mostly rhythm guitar behind a flatpicker that rotates between a Bourgeois Banjo Killer and a Vintage D Quilted Mahogany and the Peruvian is a perfect fit. Plenty of volume, well balanced, and without the excessive overtones sometimes associated with rosewood. More than holds its own when flatpicked. I'm veering back to mahogany only as a matter of personal choice.

As posted by Matts 67:
"For sale is a Bourgeois Vintage D with an Adirondack top and bracing, Peruvian Rosewood (aka "Sacha Rosewood") back and sides, with full hide glue construction. 1 3/4" nut, 2 5/16" bridge. Really nice setup with nut slots filed to fret height, minimal neck relief, and action right at 6/64" and 4/64" at the 12th fret. I can't find a single notable cosmetic blemish on it.

Below is the description from AMW from when they originally sold this guitar. I feel that they hit the nail on the head. This guitar has typical rosewood overtones but not overly boomy like east Indian Rosewood can be. Bell like clarity with thick mids and trebles and a strong punchy bass.

"Dana Bourgeois knows wood. While we are all feverishly hunting for the heir apparent to the all-but-unobtainable Brazilian Rosewood, Dana Bourgeois is quietly leading us into the next Golden Era of guitar construction with new tonewoods and new technologies. The first two of these sold before we were able to list them. We are thrilled, then, to offer our THIRD Bourgeois to arrive with PERUVIAN (“Sacha”) Rosewood and we are here to testify: The wood has most of the harmonic qualities of Honduran Rosewood and Brazilian Rosewood, and some desirable “woody” qualities that neither have. It’s like mahogany on steroids, if that makes any sense. It sure is good looking stuff with copper, green, and black highlights, a touch of sapwood and and thick spider-webbing. The tone is bell-like but less dense and bright than Honduran or Cocobolo. 1 and 3/4″ nut width, ebony belly bridge with 2 and 5/16″ spacing, Waverly tuners, hide glue construction, and a license to thrill. A GREAT flatpicking guitar."

$3,250 and buyer pays shipping; PayPal only. More pictures available upon request. Reduced to move!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peruvian back.jpg (38.9 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg peruvian front.jpg (34.3 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by KirkM; Yesterday at 02:01 PM. Reason: Price Drop
Old 09-16-2020, 04:38 PM
Charter Member

I have played this guitar and it is easy play and beautiful, top notch guy to deal with as well. A great Bourgeois tone and projection are wonderful and in mint condition..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars