The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 04-23-2018, 10:09 PM
Charter Member

Default The Wheel rolled into town

I went to see Asleep at the Wheel last night at the Bull Run in Shirley, MA. No acoustic guitars but man those fiddles were killer, and Eddie Rivers on Pedal Steel was Yuge! as Bernie would say. Just a terrific band that brought the Lone Star state of mind with them.

I checked out their upcoming shows and our own Toby Walker will be there on Saturday July 14. Assuming I dont get run over by a bus between now and then, I just might make it to the show.

Also Larry Campbell and Teresa Williams on June 10 among other great upcoming shows at Bull Run.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:51 AM

I've got tickets to see them at Infinity in Norfolk, CT, July 1. I've been a fan for years. Last year they were touring with the Quebe Sisters and was so disappointed to miss that... It's interesting that they will be looping back to the northeast in two months. Of course, Ray Benson is from Philadelphia .

How big a venue is Bull Run? I'm seeing a lot of good stuff go through there. Unfortunately, it's a little on the far side for an evening drive up from central Connecticut. but then, I can't complain as we have some great local venues too. (not enough time, not enough money to see all of this great music!)

best,

Rick
Old 04-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

Bull Run holds ~300 people. Not a bad seat in the house.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN