The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-24-2018, 07:00 AM

Gc is a mixed bag sometimes which can be especially frustrating if one doesn’t have other local options. My first “shady” experience was trying to purchase. Martin 000-15 and having the salesman tell me the case was an additional charge. I simply drove down the block to Mars music and purchased the guitar for the same price with the case, no hassle. More recently, I came across a nice used Martin (sorry, I don’t remember the model #) at a store when visiting the oldest daughter in FL. I purchased it on a whim but when I had a luthier friend look at it he quickly identified some bridge and bracing problems. I had no trouble returning the instrument but it was back on their website a few days later listed in “excellent” condition. I’ve had a few other interesting experiences at GC that make me unwilling to buy anything there I haven’t thoroughly inspected and I’d personally never buy an instrument from them I didn’t see unboxed myself. YMMV
Cordoba C-10
Martin 000-15
... and a few others ...
Old 04-24-2018, 07:08 AM

Not shady just lazy !

Not a big fan of Guitar center - Typically i go their to check stuff out and maybe play a guitar or two -havent yet pulled the trigger because typically the store I visit guitars are scared from future guitar legend wanta be's .

Last edited by Tony Burns; 04-24-2018 at 07:09 AM. Reason: spelling

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion