The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Default Anyone using the Vidami controller for online lessons?

Looks like a useful tool to help keep hands on guitar. Wondering if anyone has tried it? If so, anyone use it with Homespun videos?
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 05-08-2021, 06:12 PM

I hadn't read or heard about this, so I went and looked at the website. I think it looks very interesting. Hoping someone adds a comment that points to problems or drawbacks. I'm guessing that electric players are more tuned into this, but can see this helping you progress faster in learning material, and so just generally improving.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb715 View Post
I hadn't read or heard about this, so I went and looked at the website. I think it looks very interesting. Hoping someone adds a comment that points to problems or drawbacks. I'm guessing that electric players are more tuned into this, but can see this helping you progress faster in learning material, and so just generally improving.
That is awesome, I have a friend I will let know about this.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:48 PM

Have one and it’s a great tool. With that being said you can check on Vidami’s website for the current lesson sites it works with. They have around 15 presently and adding more as they go along. Last I checked Homespun had not yet been added. However, truefire is one along with Justin Guitar, Guitar Zoom and others.

Again if you check on their website they give a listing of the lesson sites currently available to work with it. What is nice is as a pedal it is controlled by your foot so your hands are free to stay on the guitar.

Chris
Old 05-08-2021, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer View Post
Have one and it’s a great tool. With that being said you can check on Vidami’s website for the current lesson sites it works with. They have around 15 presently and adding more as they go along. Last I checked Homespun had not yet been added. However, truefire is one along with Justin Guitar, Guitar Zoom and others.

Again if you check on their website they give a listing of the lesson sites currently available to work with it. What is nice is as a pedal it is controlled by your foot so your hands are free to stay on the guitar.
Thanks, I saw the list didnt have Homespun, but didnt know if their platform fell under one of those listed. Im somewhat of a “tech-tard”, and am hoping they will come on board, if not already.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 05-09-2021, 04:40 AM

I think I’m going to have to cut up my credit card soon - I’ve been on a tear over the last few weeks picking up new gadgets. This looks like a great device. Thanks for posting!

Rick
Old 08-13-2021, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

I got one these the other day and I have to say, it’s pretty amazing. The ability to stop, start, loop and slow videos down without taking one’s hands off of the guitar is fantastic.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:37 PM

I own one, and it’s pretty awesome. Unfortunately it’s not compatible with an iPad so it’s connected to my PC full time. I found an app for ios called FiveLoop that does the exact same thing without needing to carry around a pedal. I highly recommend both.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:35 PM

Default Can it control https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/?

I have been considering one of those. The video use for YouTube and other tutorial sites would be great.

Does anyone who owns one know if they can work with Ultimate-Guitar, and mapped to start/stop autoscroll, maybe scroll up/down or even speed up or slow down scroll?

Tks
Old 11-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandcanuck View Post
I have been considering one of those. The video use for YouTube and other tutorial sites would be great.

Does anyone who owns one know if they can work with Ultimate-Guitar, and mapped to start/stop autoscroll, maybe scroll up/down or even speed up or slow down scroll?

Tks
Havent tried it with UG.

On a side note, they now offer a vidami-blue, which not only loses the usb cable (that needs an adapter with the newer Macbooks) but is also iOS compatible with mobile devices. Bought my vidami at the WRONG time!
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 11-15-2021, 06:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Havent tried it with UG.

On a side note, they now offer a vidami-blue, which not only loses the usb cable (that needs an adapter with the newer Macbooks) but is also iOS compatible with mobile devices. Bought my vidami at the WRONG time!

Me too. I have had mine for a month or so and would love to have had bluetooth.

One thing that I did discover is that Transcribe! can be programmed to work with it. Each button on the device sends a keystroke that Transcribe! can interpret and be assigned to a function.

D
Old 11-16-2021, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodgeh View Post

One thing that I did discover is that Transcribe! can be programmed to work with it. Each button on the device sends a keystroke that Transcribe! can interpret and be assigned to a function.

D
Good tip, thanks. I wish it would work with the Homespun series of videos, of which I have quite a few. It seems like it would be a very simple software add-on, that someone with the know-how could fix easily, but so far, nobody at Homespun nor Vidami has come through.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 02-06-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendandsnap View Post
I own one, and it’s pretty awesome. Unfortunately it’s not compatible with an iPad so it’s connected to my PC full time. I found an app for ios called FiveLoop that does the exact same thing without needing to carry around a pedal. I highly recommend both.
Thank you so much, I just bought the iOs version, and it works great!
Old 02-06-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodgeh View Post

D
Could you please tell what are the keystrokes that Vidami sends to Transcribe?
Old 02-06-2022, 03:42 PM

I have a ‘Blue’ one on the way; after a recommendation in a thread I started re playing with back/neck pain. Seems like a really great solution - I can get an Ipad up to eye level and a comfortable recline position for guitar.
Supposedly works with ArtistWorks too.

Based in Auckland ; bringing Rare, Premium & Vintage Guitars to Australia, New Zealand & Beyond.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write