The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Default attention LINE 6 STUDIO UX2 users

I would value hearing from anyone who owns the Line 6 Studio-UX2. Please give me feedback on one area in particular: CLEAN, ACOUSTIC, MODULATION/DELAY GUITAR SOUNDS (as a live, stand alone preamp/effects system).

I do not care about dirty, over-driven, tube tones. And, I am sure the clean EQ on these units can be dialed in pretty well. What i want to know is...

In Amp Farm, how are the delays and modulations? Are there some options in there that can compete with a high-end tape-delay pedals?

I play only acoustic electric. My guitar has a dual-source (piezo/mic) combo (2 outs). For these systems, If each kind of out is EQ'ed separately before blending to a stereo effect, the results are best. And, since an acoustic player usually effects about 25% (keeping much of his direct-monitor tone, i wonder if acoustic players are less bothered by any latency complaints. am i right or wrong about this?

So...i ask you ACOUSTIC guitarists ---> Does your Line 6 Studio UX2 do well for the world of clean tones? Will this UX2+laptop combo make an acceptable substitution to a high-end hardware pedal-board or rack)? I am sure the dirty-tone players will say "not quiet yet". What about the opinions from CLEAN players like me.

Sure, maybe going computer-dependent means occasional crashes. But, I would really love to know if the tone, latency and over-all enjoyment (ex. big laptop interface) has, in fact, gotten good enough for acoustic-rigs, live.

BTW - I own stereo set of QSC K-8 powered speakers and play through a Guild Jumbo F50 with a Fishman Prefix Premium Blend piezo/mic pick up system. In theory, it sure would be awesome to finally have a truly functioning 'computer-based' live rig....with one power supply (less wall warts...yeah...ha ha)!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD