The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-26-2019, 06:53 AM

Default Pedal board recommendation for TCH Play Acoustic & Switch-6?

The odd and awkward size of the Switch-6 footswitch (16"x3") makes it difficult to find a proper pedal board. I am looking for something where the S-6 would be in front and as low to the ground as possible with the Play Acoustic (and other pedals) just behind the S-6 and raised by 3 inches or so (as opposed to side-by-side).

Anybody have such a thing? Thanks
Old 02-27-2019, 10:39 AM

I don't know how to post a picture of it, but I made my own pedalboard out of stuff lying around. I took a particle-board shelf and cut it to length (It's 12' wide and cut to 16" long but you can get wider or longer shelves and customize them). I then took a carpet square and cut it to length. I took a metal, square-edged surge protector and mounted it to the "front" edge using metal angle brackets (there are holes in the bottom of the surge protector for mounting on a wall or other flat surface), with the receptacles facing front and I drilled a series of holes in the shelf for the power adapter cords for my pedals. The whole thing would have cost me less than $20 retail, and velcro sticks perfectly to the carpet. It might be a little heavier and significantly uglier than a good commercial product, but it works really well.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:46 AM

Search on eBay for Guitar Effect Pedal Board pedalboard with magic tape cable straps 18.5”x 10.6”
You can add a riser to the back (I’ve done this and it’s easy).
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 02-27-2019, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

The Friedman boards have two levels and would suit your requirements. They don't come cheap though. I had a 1530 Platinum Pro Tour Package that cost $650. But that had the buffer and power supply. You can get the boards by themselves. Top quality. Only sold it because I'm going mostly acoustic and didn't need a 30" board. But they make shorter ones as well. I've got a couple of Pedal Train boards and a couple of boards that I made myself and sprayed with Rino Lining. That's what I'm currently using. Works great!
Old 06-27-2019, 08:02 AM

Why not get a little tray that attaches to the mic stand and then you only have the Switch 6 on th floor. Then you wouldn't really need a pedal board and the Play Acoustic unit is close at hand for adjustments. You would only be losing 1 button because the up and down can now be done by hand with the rotary button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
The odd and awkward size of the Switch-6 footswitch (16"x3") makes it difficult to find a proper pedal board. I am looking for something where the S-6 would be in front and as low to the ground as possible with the Play Acoustic (and other pedals) just behind the S-6 and raised by 3 inches or so (as opposed to side-by-side).

Anybody have such a thing? Thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification