The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Having recently joined the Huss & Dalton club, welcome! These are very fine instruments. Surprisingly, many folks don't know of the name. I had heard of them, but knew nothing about these instruments. As soon as I picked up the one I bought, I immediately knew it was right for me. No question. I am sure this will be a keeper for you too.

Mine was used/mint and it came with a DVD all about Huss & Dalton in the case. If you don't have the DVD, all the segments are available on youtube. Just do a search for Huss & Dalton and they will show up. The DVD contains interviews with both Huss and Dalton regarding the history of the company, their collective philosophy, a tour of the build process, and some nice stuff from Robin and Linda Williams.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 05-22-2018, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the kind responses. It is the nicest instrument I have owned, and I don't mean to take anything away from the Martins, Taylors and Gibsons that have joined me for various lengths of time. They were/are great instruments. That said, this H&D feels like it was painstakingly made just for me.

As for the DVD, I researched H&D when I thought about buying the guitar. I was so impressed with the interviews with the owners and the craftsmanship displayed in the shop that it made me want to be a part of the Huss and Dalton family.
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah
Old 05-23-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppster View Post
Thanks for the kind responses. It is the nicest instrument I have owned, and I don't mean to take anything away from the Martins, Taylors and Gibsons that have joined me for various lengths of time. They were/are great instruments. That said, this H&D feels like it was painstakingly made just for me.

As for the DVD, I researched H&D when I thought about buying the guitar. I was so impressed with the interviews with the owners and the craftsmanship displayed in the shop that it made me want to be a part of the Huss and Dalton family.
There is a marked difference (to my hands and ears) in these makers versus the big box makers. Not that the other guys don't make good stuff. But they can't do the wood tapping and matching like these guys do.

My wife toured the Santa Cruz guitar factory and filmed it for me last year. Compared to the Martin factory tour that I did in the past, it was a huge difference. Not that Martin didn't make good stuff. But it was in no way similar to what goes on at Santa Cruz and, I imagine, H&D.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:20 PM

Default Gorgeous!

What a beautiful guitar! I’m more than sure it sounds and plays as splendidly as it looks!
AVALON * MCILROY * FURCH/STONEBRIDGE * HUSS & DALTON * BOURGEOIS

466 Amherst Street Buffalo New York 14207
[email protected]
www.thefrettedbuffalo.com
716-913-6487

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion