The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-24-2018, 03:11 PM

Default Polecastros Fretboard Wizard course

Interesting in hearing from anyone who's gone through this. How much was it based on scales? What was your soloing ability before / after. How did it help you get a better ear? Would you still take it if you had to do it all over again?
Old 05-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

I'm going through the current version.

The first thee lessons have been more about figuring out the chords and progressions to songs by ear, then using the Nashville Numbering system to transpose on the fly.

Good stuff, practical stuff, especially if you are a beginner. I've had a couple of Aha! moments, but I don't think advance players would find much here.

One good aspect of the course is that you are introduced into theory and the CAGED system in small steps. You get enough to get you going, then work with what you have learned for a while without have to get down in the weeds on minute details.

Lesson four introduces Tony's improvisation framework, and I'm curious as to where that will take us.

hth

D
Old 05-30-2018, 02:50 AM

Thanks. I've been learning to improv using Justin Sandercoe's mastering the major scale course. I'm making progress albeit slowly. Partly due to getting sidetracked on new songs and such. Please keep me posted on how the next lessons work out for you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write