The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-23-2021, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Default Faithfully, Journey cover, sweet harmonies

Before there was the acoustic duo I have with my wife, I had an acoustic duo with my daughter when she was like 12. Now she's all grown up and living in NYC. She's home visiting and we were practicing for an upcoming outdoor gig so I had all the gear setup on the deck. She joined us for an old favorite of our's, Journey's Faithfully. Our daughter has a gift for harmonies. No practice run here, just let the camera roll, warts and all.

Recorded on a mobile phone, listen with good speakers or headphones for best sound. Enjoy! There's another song from this session, Sarah Mclachlan's Angel, posted over on the Acoustic Amplification subforum. Gear used is: Bose S1 Pro, EAE StompMix X6, RainSong Nashville OM Shorty.

(Note: I'm behind the camera, playing wirelessly.)

Old 07-23-2021, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

Whoa!

Very nice all the way around! I didn't hear any warts anywhere! Very nice singing!

Oh, yes, and very nice playing, too!

- Glenn
Old 07-23-2021, 08:49 PM

Same reaction - where are the warts? Lovely performance. Vocals were great - perhaps practice may have brought out a few more ways to blend the voices, but they sounded wonderful. Your Shorty sounds excellent - you've clearly embraced the instrument's feel in the months you've had it.

Great job! Thank you for sharing your family project with us.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, guys. Yes, there are a few little areas where my daughter's harmonies drift, in part because I had the Bose out front of them so they couldn't hear it as well and part due to it being the first time they've sang this song together, ever. The second was my wife's like crack near the end, which drives her crazy when that happens.

I've definitely embraced the RainSong Nashville. It's taken me a bit of time to really get a feel for the Baggs Anthem StagePro as I've discovered little idiosyncrasies here and there about it but now I'm able to get a really good tone out of it, almost as good as my Cole Clark Angel 2. Almost.

I'm very happy that it's turned out to be such a great guitar since I much prefer the smaller size and scale of the Nashville plus being carbon fiber it's preferred since the upcoming gigs are all outdoors.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell