The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 05-27-2021, 11:18 AM

Default Best National comparison vid I've seen.

And I thought I'd seen them all Great mix of vintage vs. modern NRP instruments.

Big takeaway for me is the similarity between the vintage triolian, duolian, and trojan. Yes. All single cone. But even so, it was interesting. Also the single cone vs. tricone in standard tuning comparisons were very good. Enough of my prattle. Check it out. Maybe subscribe too. only 2.75k subscribers.

Old 05-27-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
And I thought I'd seen them all Great mix of vintage vs. modern NRP instruments.

Big takeaway for me is the similarity between the vintage triolian, duolian, and trojan. Yes. All single cone. But even so, it was interesting. Also the single cone vs. tricone in standard tuning comparisons were very good. Enough of my prattle. Check it out. Maybe subscribe too. only 2.75k subscribers.

Great video Blue, and I was surprised by my favorite, The vintage Steel single cone was really doing it for me, it just had a sound that I could easily live with! I thought it would be the brass or the german silver that I would prefer.
Old 05-28-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Great video Blue, and I was surprised by my favorite, The vintage Steel single cone was really doing it for me, it just had a sound that I could easily live with! I thought it would be the brass or the german silver that I would prefer.
Going shopping?

Yeah. I was also struck by the "warmth" and "fullness" of the vintage steels. Very little difference most of the time between them and the wooden Trojan.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments