The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-04-2024, 07:38 AM
Mbroady's Avatar
Mbroady Mbroady is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Asheville via NYC
Posts: 6,327
Default

Sweet. No guitar player should be without a good Strat. Yes, I am a Strat fan
Over the pandemic i went a little over board and put together a few Partscasters.
Going to part them out but one (along with me 1980 Strat) will stay….
__________________
David Webber Round-Body
Furch D32-LM
MJ Franks Lagacy OM
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-09-2024, 02:45 PM
PTony's Avatar
PTony PTony is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Bernstein View Post
All Strats are not created equal. Looks like you're there. Congrats!
I would agree, on both counts. The more I play it the more I love it. I’ve owned countless Strats over the years. I even built my own to my exact specs. This exceeds ANY that I’ve ever owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
Sweet. No guitar player should be without a good Strat. Yes, I am a Strat fan
Over the pandemic i went a little over board and put together a few Partscasters.
Going to part them out but one (along with me 1980 Strat) will stay….
It is pretty phenomenal. I love building guitars and plan on building another soon. But not sure I’ll ever rival this model. I’m considering selling my Oxblood Tele with vintage 64 pickups and Ebony board and my 50’s LP Tribute P-90 and grabbing an American Pro II Tele. Thats still up in the air…

Thanks for the response.
__________________
2023 Martin GPC-11e
2023 Fender Players Tele Limited Edition - Oxblood
2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60’s - Unburst
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-09-2024, 10:35 PM
RussL30 RussL30 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MS
Posts: 2,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
I would agree, on both counts. The more I play it the more I love it. I’ve owned countless Strats over the years. I even built my own to my exact specs. This exceeds ANY that I’ve ever owned.



It is pretty phenomenal. I love building guitars and plan on building another soon. But not sure I’ll ever rival this model. I’m considering selling my Oxblood Tele with vintage 64 pickups and Ebony board and my 50’s LP Tribute P-90 and grabbing an American Pro II Tele. Thats still up in the air…

Thanks for the response.
I'll be honest, this thread has really got me wanting a black strat. My wife has told me that I can get an expensive electric this summer since I got rid of my old truck that was taking up space. I've been looking hard at the Pro ii, used American standards and even the Clapton signature strat because it can do so much.

You should get you this matching tele.



Seriously though, I could see that being a tough decision. I've thought about buying the pro ii Tele and selling my Player series tele, but then again my Player is such a good guitar as well.

If I do that I could get a used black 50's Vintera or Player series to get my black Strat fix. I'm definitely going to have to try several of these out soon. I used to hate butterscotch, but I've really been drawn to that butterscotch Pro ii Tele after noodling around on one last year.
__________________
Taylor- DN8, GS Mini, XXX- KE
Gibson - Gospel Reissue
Takamine- GB7C
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-10-2024, 02:00 AM
67goat 67goat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 244
Default

Last Strat. Sure.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-10-2024, 04:48 PM
PTony's Avatar
PTony PTony is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
I'll be honest, this thread has really got me wanting a black strat. My wife has told me that I can get an expensive electric this summer since I got rid of my old truck that was taking up space. I've been looking hard at the Pro ii, used American standards and even the Clapton signature strat because it can do so much.

You should get you this matching tele.



Seriously though, I could see that being a tough decision. I've thought about buying the pro ii Tele and selling my Player series tele, but then again my Player is such a good guitar as well.

If I do that I could get a used black 50's Vintera or Player series to get my black Strat fix. I'm definitely going to have to try several of these out soon. I used to hate butterscotch, but I've really been drawn to that butterscotch Pro ii Tele after noodling around on one last year.
The shop I got this from has the black Tele also! You’re not helping me!
I like my Players for sure. Great guitars! But…if the Tele is anything like the Strat…I’ll go that route as well, and trade or sell my Players. As good as the Players are…imho, the American Pro II really is that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67goat View Post
Last Strat. Sure.
I know, I know. We can hope, though. At least I didn’t say last guitar…I'm not THAT far gone
__________________
2023 Martin GPC-11e
2023 Fender Players Tele Limited Edition - Oxblood
2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60’s - Unburst
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-10-2024, 04:55 PM
Charlie Bernstein Charlie Bernstein is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Augusta, Maine, USA
Posts: 1,588
Default

Gorgeous! Congrats! One of my favorite Strat color combos. Looks just like one of my partscasters.

What pickups?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-10-2024, 11:21 PM
PTony's Avatar
PTony PTony is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Bernstein View Post
Gorgeous! Congrats! One of my favorite Strat color combos. Looks just like one of my partscasters.

What pickups?
Thank you! I agree, black and white is a classic combo. These are the V-mod pickups, I believe. Glassy. Smooth. Bell like. Quack. It’s all there.
__________________
2023 Martin GPC-11e
2023 Fender Players Tele Limited Edition - Oxblood
2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60’s - Unburst
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-11-2024, 02:07 PM
DebbieE DebbieE is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chandler Arizona
Posts: 528
Default

Those are great guitars. I got a Pine American Professional II Strat a year or so ago and liked it so much I had to get a Pine American Professional II Tele to match it. Both of them are under 7 pounds. You have to get a black Am. Prof. II tele to match!
__________________
Martin D-28 2017
Martin D-18 2020 VTS
Martin 0000-18 Sinker Gruhn 2018
Martin J-40 Adi custom 2018
Martin OM-28 Adi Gruhn Special
McPherson Sable
Fender American Professional II Telecaster
Fender American Professional II Stratocaster
Northfield Big Mon Engleman top
Northfield Big Mon Adirondack top
Companion custom woody banjo
Fender '68 custom Vibro Champ Reverb amp
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-12-2024, 07:31 PM
PTony's Avatar
PTony PTony is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieE View Post
Those are great guitars. I got a Pine American Professional II Strat a year or so ago and liked it so much I had to get a Pine American Professional II Tele to match it. Both of them are under 7 pounds. You have to get a black Am. Prof. II tele to match!
Indeed. Best Fender I’ve played or owned in a long time. And I’ve owned a loooottt. Ohhhh I like the Pine version! That’s my first choice actually. The Mystic Surf green and black are a close 2nd. I wouldn’t mind having any of the above mentioned. I’m sure I’ll find a way at some point. My only issue seems to be adding more…instead of moving some on. There are worse things…I suppose.
__________________
2023 Martin GPC-11e
2023 Fender Players Tele Limited Edition - Oxblood
2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60’s - Unburst
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=