The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-27-2024, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Default Question for Larrivee Parlor Owners

Hi folks,
I've had a Larrivee Parlor (Spruce over Koa) from the Canadian factory for the past 20 years; back when I was splitting time between the states on the UK, it was my flyer.

Now, it looks as if I'm gonna be back on the go a bit, specifically some international flights.

I have a TKL hard case, but I'd like something better. The last time I flew out of Gatwick, I was forced to check it (I don't mean gatecheck, either), and that made me nervous. The Hiscox small classical case is just a wee bit big--which I could solve by padding.

Have any of ya'll used that case for a Larrivee parlor? I know that the Larrivee forum would be a logical place for me to ask, but I seem to be locked out; I can never get properly registered there.

So, parlorites, what would you do? (I don't have the coin to buy a Journey carbon fiber travel guitar.)

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 01-27-2024, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Great guitars those parlors! I had one and miss it still.
I bought a Larrivee hard case for it, which worked for car travel, but I wouldn’t “gate check” it.

I’d look at hiscox to see if maybe something like their “small classical” size would work. Also, the can provide extra velcroed padding sections to make things fit really snugly.

Alternatively, for reasonable money, you could look at Gator’s line of guitar cases. They seem well built.

https://gatorco.com/shop-by-category...-guitar-cases/
Old 01-27-2024, 09:16 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, Mark. I’m leaning toward the Hiscox small classical. I’ve got Hiscox cases for my J 50 and my 000. Just wondering what others to consider. I’ve looked at Gators.

You’re right—extra padding would work.

I traveled with the Larrivee on several trans Atlantic flights—and it fit in the overhead. Until it didn’t.

Optima dies, prima fugit

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
flight case, hiscox case, larrivee, parlor guitar