The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-15-2020, 09:05 PM

Default Anyone knows "Lord" guitar?

Hi all, so... I was offered a deal on this "Lord" strat guitar but not only never heard of it, searched online and found nothing.

I asked the seller for better quality pictures. I can see it's natural color and it's got stars as fret markers instead of dots.

Thanks a bunch
Old 01-15-2020, 09:35 PM

Is it a late model or older? Back in the 70s and 80s, Yamaha made Les Paul copies called Studio Lord that were terrific guitars.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:40 AM

This guitar is nothing special and most likely of Japanese origin. These guitars were manufactured in the late 1950s and 1960s by Fujigen and Teisco under various pseudo brands without serial numbers. In the USA, they were later difficult to sell c-goods, which everyone could buy cheaply from various pawn shops. Since a whole network of companies were involved in the production, it has now become practically impossible to determine the exact origin. Most of them were so poorly made that repairs hardly paid off.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the prompt replies! The seller has sent me a video, it seems to be a new guitar, there's even a digital tuner with the name "Lord" in it. Anyway, he's the video, hope ot helps identifying this thing:

Btw, the guy is speaking in Portuguese
Old 01-16-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmbds View Post
The seller has sent me a video, it seems to be a new guitar, there's even a digital tuner with the name "Lord" in it. Btw, the guy is speaking in Portuguese.
Well, the seller is obviously Brazilian and as such of course he speaks in his mother tongue. But he is certainly also left-handed, because the strings were stretched upside down and the belt button is in the wrong place. A serial number is unfortunately not recognizable. The instrument is relatively new and was most likely made in China, so it has nothing in common with the mentioned "Lord" guitars from Japan. Since the Chinese brand names change as quickly as the weather, it is now difficult to say who exactly is behind the name.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars